As we saw in our article on the best dog ball launchers, pet ball launchers and throwers provide a relatively effortless way to enjoy playing fetch with one or more canines. These dog ball launchers are available in three broad categories – manual, semi-automatic, or automatic dog ball launchers.
However, not all pet ball launchers and fetch toys are created equal, and picking the right dog ball launcher, thrower, or fetch toy is important.
Hyper Pet, Cosmic Pet’s popular brand, offers a wide range of dog ball launchers, throwers, and interactive fetch toys we had the chance to evaluate. In this article, we share our review of these best-selling Hyper Pet Dog Ball Launchers and Throwers. These dog ball launchers are suitable for both single and multi-pet homes. And they also work well with your fetch-loving felines too!
We list the key specifications of the most popular Hyper Pet dog ball launchers and fetch toy options and share our findings, as well as features to look out for before picking the right one for your doggie. So, buckle up and read on!
Disclaimer: The review here is totally independent and is driven only by the actual quality of the products, few personal predispositions, and the bias of our expert’s beloved canines!
Hyper Pet Dog Ball Launchers and Throwers ListThe best Hyper Pet dog ball launchers, throwers and fetch toys available in the market are listed below:
|Hyper Pet Ball Launcher Interactive Dog Toy||Manual Slingshot Launcher.|
1 or 4 balls.
Range: 30-220 feet.
|Hyper Pet Throw-N-Go Retractable Tennis Ball Launcher||Manual Thrower Wand.|
Range: 30-100 feet.
|Hyper Pet K9 Kannon K2 Ball Launcher||Semi-Automatic Launcher Gun.|
1 or 2 balls.
Range: 20-50 feet.
|Hyper Pet Tennis Balls For Dogs||Dog Tennis Balls.|
|Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper Flying Disc||Dog Frisbee.|
9” diameter, 1.76 oz.
Range: 20-50 feet.
What are the different types of dog ball launchers and throwers?
Before we look at the key features and details of Hyper Pet Dog Ball Launchers and Throwers, let us quickly look at what dog ball launchers actually are.
The best dog ball launcher is the one that allows you to throw or launch the ball to the desired distance effortlessly.
Depending on your preference, physical condition, and budget, you can pick a manual, semi-automatic, or a fully-automatic ball launcher. The major characteristics of each of these types are summarized below:
- Manual Launchers: Manual launchers are the most-budget friendly type of launchers and work extremely well for outdoor play. Of course, they require some effort on your part, but with a little bit of practice, you can throw a ball as far as 150-200 feet. The wand type manual launchers such as the Hyper Pet Throw-N-Go Retractable Tennis Ball Launcher are most popular, although slingshot types such as the Hyper Pet Slingshot launcher are also gaining popularity. Such launchers are an excellent choice if you have no physical limitations (injury or age-related) and want a pet ball launcher to exercise your active canine (or feline) friend without spending a lot of money.
- Semi-automatic Launchers: Semi-automatic launchers are essentially ball blaster guns, with or without the recoil lever. They may not be as durable as manual launchers, but provide decent launching capability with limited effort. They are most popular with kids because of their design and features. Hyper Pet K9 Kannon K2 Ball Launcher is an example of a semi-automatic or blaster gun dog ball launcher.
- Automatic Launchers: The latest type of ball launchers and throwers – automatic ball launchers are designed to provide your dog with hours of entertainment fetching balls with only limited involvement from you. Popular automatic launchers such as the iFetch Interactive Ball Launchers have excellent features that make playing fetch comfortable for you and enjoyable for your pet. They can also be used for playing fetch indoors or in enclosed spaces. They are however many times costlier than other launchers and you need some additional time to train the dog to use them comfortably.
Hyper Pet Dog Ball Launchers and Throwers Review
Type and Material: Manual Slingshot dog ball launcher. Powder-coated steel frame with natural rubber slingshot, nylon ball pouch, and EVA-foam padded arm brace. ABS plastic gripped handle.
- 1-ball: 15.0″ x 11.8″ x 1.0″, 38 ounces.
- 4-ball: 11.5″ x 3.5″ x 5.5″, 12.6 ounces.
- Range: 30-220 feet.
Price: $ to $$ depending upon the size.
- Patented manual dog ball launcher with an intelligent slingshot design that can launch a ball over very long distances. Made in China under strict quality control measures.
- Features a high-quality, rust-free powder-coated steel frame handles with elastic rubber launcher sling tube and nylon ball pouch.
- A smart design that offers hands-free picking of sloppy balls. A padded arm brace provides support while pulling the sling and a gripping ABS rubberized plastic handle provides a comfortable grip.
- Reasonably compact and lightweight, though not as compact as other manual launchers. The arm brace collapses for easy transportation.
- Available in two sizes – the four-ball launcher is suitable for multi-pet homes. The smaller and cheaper one-ball launcher works best with a single canine.
- Comes with four Hyper Pet dog tennis balls. Replacement pouch with the slingshot is also available. Backed by a 30-day manufacturer warranty.
The patented Hyper Pet Interactive Dog Ball Launcher is an innovative, smartly-designed dog ball launcher and our favorite Hyper Pet product (besides their Hyper Pet dog tennis balls).
Available in 4-ball and 1-ball sizes, this dog ball launcher provides a long range of 200+ feet, providing maximum workout to the pooch. And like other Hyper Pet launchers, it provides a hands-free pickup of the ball. Moreover, the launcher has a collapsible design for easy storage and carry to a dog park or playground.
The only drawback with this slingshot launcher is that it is not totally effort-free. You would need to make some effort is pulling the ball pouch to get the maximum range (we only tried our hand at the one-ball launcher and were able to get a range of 60-70 feet with relative ease).
If you have more than one medium to large breed dogs and a vast playground and do not mind exercising your arms and shoulder a little, then the Hyper Pet Interactive Dog Ball Launcher is one product worth trying.
Type and Material: Manual wand-type dog ball launcher. ABS plastic telescopic wand with an ergonomic rubberized handle. Nylon wrist-loop.
- 25″ – 25.75″ extendible length, 4 ounces.
- Range: 20-100 feet.
- Supports standard 2.5″ dog tennis balls.
- Innovative, portable ball launcher wand that allows you to launch a standard tennis ball far with a relatively low effort. Made in China.
- Features a telescopic lightweight flexible plastic wand that grasps the ball and releases it as you swing. Comes with an ergonomic rubber handle for maximum comfort and control.
- The telescopic wand is designed to be 15.25 inches when collapsed and up to 25.75″ when fully extended, giving you maximum control over the range and also provides compact storage. A nylon wrist-loop of secure, easy carry.
- Supports hands-free pickup. Firmly grasps a ball, so you do not have to bend down to pick the ball.
- Comes with one standard, 2.5″ Hyper Pet Tennis ball. More balls sold separately.
- Backed by a 30-day manufacturer warranty.
The innovative Hyper Pet Throw-N-Go Retractable Tennis Ball Launcher is a good-quality manual dog ball launcher wand.
It features a unique telescopic wand that can be extended from 15.25″ up to 25.75″ inches. The wand is made of lightweight yet sturdy ABS plastic and comes with an easy-grip rubberized handle and a nylon wrist loop.
The Throw-N-Go launcher offers hands-free pickup, so you don’t have to bend to pick up the ball. And because of the retractable design, you have maximum control over the effort and range of the launch. Moreover, because of the unique ball cup design, the slobbery tennis ball does not get stuck in the launcher while swinging – a big plus indeed.
The Throw-N-Go launcher comes with one Hyper Pet dog tennis ball.
The major limitation with the Throw-N-Go launcher is that it is only available in a single size that supports standard 2.5″ balls. If you need a launcher that supports smaller or larger dog balls, you would have to look at other options such as ChuckIt!.
Still, if you are looking for a compact and portable standard wand-type dog ball launcher, then the Hyper Pet Throw-N-Go Retractable Tennis Ball Launcher is definitely an option to consider.
Type and Material: Semi-automatic blaster type dog ball launcher gun. Made of ABS plastic with rubber elastic launcher and plastic handle and trigger.
- Mini: 16.25″ x 7.25″ x 3.0″, 16.8 ounces. Supports standard 2.5″ tennis balls.
- Standard: 24.0″ x 7.38″ x 3.0″, 26.5 ounces. Supports mini 1.75″ tennis balls.
- Range: 20-30 feet for Mini, 20-50 feet for the standard.
Price: $ to $$ depending upon the size.
- Smart blaster-type ball launcher with a high-quality plastic body, concealed elastic launcher, and a pullback cocking handle for launching the tennis ball. Made in China.
- Features a quick trigger seamless tennis ball launch with 1 to 9 numbered cocking lever. Use 1 or 2 clicks in the house or backyard and up to 9 for outdoors.
- Allows storage for two extra balls and hands-free ball pick up by placing the barrel over the ball and pulling the lever. The earlier K9 Kannon blaster offered storage for one ball.
- Available in two sizes – Mini and Full Size. Comes with one Hyper Pet Tennis Ball. Backed by a 30-day hassle-free manufacturer warranty.
The semi-automatic dog ball launchers are the favorite types of launchers for kids and adults alike and the Hyper Pet K9 cannons are no different – these interactive dog ball blasters can provide plenty of fetch play in the backyard, at the park or on the beach.
The Hyper Pet K9 Kannon K2 Ball Launchers features high-quality plastic construction with a sturdy pull-back lever. Available in two sizes, the lever offers 4 to 9 different launching ranges, so you can pick a suitable range as per your preference and the available playground. The manufacturer claims that the maximum range is 75 feet, but we found the maximum range to be 45-50 feet in normal outdoor settings.
The K9 Kannon launcher offer hand-free pickup – simply load tennis balls in the barrel by placing the nuzzle over the ball and pulling the lever. And the K2 launcher gun has storage for 2 additional balls (the earlier K9 Launcher had storage for only one ball). The launcher comes with a blaster and one Hyper Pet dog tennis ball.
Overall, if you want a mid-range, semi-automatic dog ball launcher for your pooch, then the standard or mini Hyper Pet K9 Kannon K2 Ball Launcher an excellent choice.
Type and Material: Dog tennis balls with a lightweight rubber core and non-toxic and non-abrasive felt surface.
- Mini: 1.75″.
- Regular: 2.5″.
- Best-selling dog tennis balls featuring a high-quality rubber core with a non-abrasive, pet-safe felt cover. Made in China.
- Softer and more saliva-resistant than the everyday tennis balls. Float on water, but do not have a squeaker.
- Available in two sizes – Mini with 1.75″ diameter and Regular with 2.5″ diameter. Work with Hyper Pet and other dog ball launchers.
- Comes in different pack sizes and three vibrant colors – green, orange, and pink.
- Competitively priced.
No discussion of dog ball launchers and throwers is complete without looking at the balls that can be used with these launchers. Thankfully, Hyper Pet offers some really nice dog tennis balls that have been best-sellers for years.
Hyper Pet dog tennis balls are made of non-toxic and non-abrasive felt, with no gas filling. These balls are softer than the standard tennis balls, and hence gentle on the canine’s teeth and gums. They are also saliva-resistant – normal tennis balls can absorb the dog’s saliva and even cause damage to the launchers and hence should be avoided.
Hyper Pet dog tennis balls are available in two sizes – Mini with 1.75″ diameter, suitable for small dogs and the Regular with 2.5″ diameter, suitable for medium to large dogs. And they are available in multiple pack sizes and vibrant colors – fluorescent green, bright orange, even pink.
So if you are looking for some high-quality, non-squeaking dog tennis balls, then the Hyper Pet dog tennis balls are a perfect choice.
Type and Material: Dog Frisbee/Flying Disc with a multi-layer nylon surface and rubber foam filled periphery.
- 9″ diameter, 1.76 oz.
- Range: 20-50 feet.
- Ultralight dog flying disc with a high-quality, multi-layer nylon surface with a pet-safe rubber-foam filled ring. Made in China and a 20-year top-seller.
- Designed to fly for a long distance and hover down slowly during flight, making it easier for the canine to catch.
- Ultralight and water-friendly – weighs well under 2 ounces and floats on water. Suitable for interactive play at the beach, lake, or pool
- Perfect for gentle and average chewers. Prolonged use may cause the disc to bend a little but still flies decently even when bent or wet.
- Available in 7 vibrant color combinations, but no choice on the choice of color. The one available is shipped.
- Competitively priced and value-for-money purchase. Backed by a 30-day manufacturer warranty.
In addition to the dog tennis ball launchers and balls, Hyper Pet also offers an excellent dog frisbee for a high-flying fetch play with your furry friend.
The Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper is one of the longest-running products by Hyper Pet – it has been in the market for over 20 years and a popular choice for pet owners who are looking for a decent fetching flying disc for their pooch.
This Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper features a durable, multilayer nylon construction that is safe on your dog’s teeth and designed for long-lasting outdoor use. And the best part is that it floats on water, making it suitable for interactive play at the beach, lake, or pool.
When fully intact, the Flopper has a decent range of 20-50 feet. It is designed to hover down slowly at the end for the canine to catch in the air or let it fall on the ground.
Because of a fabric construction, the Flopper is only suitable for gentle and mild chewers. A power-chewer can easily destroy the frisbee. Another slight drawback is although the disc is available in over seven vibrant color combinations, there is no control over which one you would get – only the one available is shipped.
Overall, if you are looking for a decent quality water-friendly soft dog frisbee for your pooch and do not want to spend a fortune, then the Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper is an excellent choice.
Based on our evaluation and review of the product specifications, design features, and the usage and performance, we found the Hyper Pet Dog Ball Launchers and Throwers to be excellent dog fetch toys.
While all the options are perfectly designed and versatile, the four or one balls Hyper Pet Ball Launcher Interactive Dog Toy is our standout recommendation, especially if you have more than one medium to large canines and ample space to play fetch.
If you have a limited backyard space, the Hyper Pet K9 Kannon K2 Ball Launcher is a good choice. You can have your or your kids load it up for a nice playtime with the pooch.
Finally, if your non-aggressive dog is fit enough for high-flying frisbee-fetch in land or water, then the Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper Flying Disc is an excellent value-for-money option to check out.
Final Thoughts on the Hyper Pet Dog Ball Launchers and Throwers
Playing throw-and-fetch is one of the most popular outdoor activity for dogs and parents alike. A dog tennis ball thrower that can launch the ball over long distances without too much strain, can make this activity a lot more fun.
In this article, we reviewed the most popular dog ball launchers and fetch toys offered by Hyper Pet, a division of Cosmic Pets, a worldwide leader in pet products. We listed the key specifications and features of the best-selling Hyper Pet dog tennis ball launchers, throwers, and fetch toys.
Overall, we found the Hyper Pet launchers as smartly-designed, reasonably well-built, and an excellent choice for both single and multi-dog homes.
So, if you are looking for a durable, reliable, and fun dog ball launcher toy that is easy to use and lasts longer than a few days, then you definitely consider one of the Hyper Pet launcher toys as an option.
For any more questions or comments, feel free to share them through the comment section below and we would be happy to answer them. And if you are looking for additional fetch toy options, you can check out our articles on the best dog ball launchers and throwers and best dog frisbees.
Image credits: Amazon.com