Keeping your beloved pet clean and fresh can sometimes be a challenge. Thankfully, cats love to self-groom and do not require frequent cleaning and bathing. However, there are times and situations in which they may need some help in staying fresh, clean, and healthy.
Cat wipes can help in such situations and assist in grooming and cleaning your felines to remove the dirt, dander, and grime at home or while on the go.
So, which are the best cat wipes available in the market for grooming and cleaning your kitty? What are the different options available and how can they make the task of cleaning the pet easy and effortless?
In this article, we will look at answering specifically the above questions and list some of the best cat wipes available in the market. The cat grooming wipes that we list are tender on the cat’s skin, versatile, easy-to-use, and portable. And there are available in different types, suitable for all the feline cleaning and grooming needs.
We will also discuss the major factors to consider before picking the best cat wipes for your needs and share our top picks. Read On!
Also check out our article on the best pet towels for some options for pet towels to cleanse and wipe your kitty.
Best cat wipes listSome of the best cat wipes available in the market for grooming and cleaning your kitty are listed below:
|Pogi's Grooming Wipes for Cats and Dogs||8" x 9" each.|
Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Hawaiian Awapuhi with bamboo fiber sheets.
Scented or Unscented.
|Pet MD Chlorhexidine Wipes for Cats and Dogs||2.5” diameter each.|
Chlorhexidine and Ketoconazole in an alcohol-based solution.
|International Veterinary Sciences Quick Bath Cat Wipes||5” x 10” each.|
Vitamins A & E, Aloe Vera, Disinfectants in an alcohol-free base.
|Dechra MalAcetic Wet Wipes||6” x 7.9” each.|
Acetic acid and Boric acid in an alcohol-based solution.
|Burt's Bees For Cats Natural Dander Reducing Wipes||6.8" x 7" each.|
Oatmeal, Avocado, Lavender, and honey-based cleansers in an alcohol-based solution.
|Earthbath All Natural Cat Grooming Wipes||7" x 8" each.|
Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Hawaiian Awapuhi in an alcohol-free base and bamboo fiber sheets.
|Hygea Natural Catnip-Infused Bath Wipes||5” x 8” each.|
Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Lanolin, Oatmeal & Plant Extracts based cleansers in a chemical-free solution.
Catnip-infused and lightly scented.
|Espree Silky Cat Aloe Wipes||6.8" x 7" each.|
Aloe Vera and Silk proteins in an alcohol-based solution.
|Biga Pet Grooming Wipes||6” x 8” each.|
Aloe Extract, Vitamin E, Chamomile, Disinfectant in an alcohol-free base.
Scented or Unscented.
|PupMate Pet Wipes for Cats and Dogs||6.3” x 7.9” each.|
Vitamins E, Aloe Vera, Disinfectants in an alcohol-free base.
* The cat wipes with Aloe Vera extracts that we have listed are free of Aloin (the latex part contains this) and only use the gel part which is not toxic for animals, including cats.
What are cat wipes and how can they be useful?
Cat wipes are specially formulated disposable pet wipes that can be used to groom, cleanse and freshen up a feline by simply wiping the body or a specific body part.
Most cat wipes have a soft and gentle bamboo, recycled plastic, or cotton base (just like human face wipes or baby wipes) and are moistened with special cleansers, moisturizers, disinfectants, and fresheners. Some wipes even have medicated antibacterial and antifungal ingredients.
Some of the ways in which cat wipes can be useful are:
- Most felines hate getting wet and bathing them is a challenge for pet parents – it generally results in lots of scratches and bites. Cat wipes are an excellent alternative to cleanse and condition the cat’s fur in-between thorough grooming sessions and baths.
- Cat wipes are especially useful for disabled and senior cats who need assistance in getting cleaned up. They can also be used to clean the pet quickly and effectively in case of any “accidents” such as spills.
- Cat grooming wipes can help significantly in reducing dander and shedding. These wipes remove excess hair and flakey skin while moisturizing the feline’s fur to further reduce shedding.
- Cat wipes can be used to clean specific body parts such as the paws, ears, eyes, and the butt and keep the pet healthy and happy.
- Certain cat wipes, with their antiseptic, antifungal and disinfectant formulations, can provide protection against infection-causing micro-organisms, fleas, ticks, etc. They can also be part of the treatment regimen against some skin conditions.
The first question that would obviously come to your mind is why do you even need specialized cat wipes? Wouldn’t the everyday human face wipes or baby wipes be sufficient? Well, there are some distinct advantages of cat wipes over other common types of wipes:
- Cat wipes work better for pets than normal wipes. Cat wipes are made of special ingredients that can groom, cleanse, and protect the skin and fur more effectively than the standard baby or human wipes.
- Most cat wipes have specialized sizes, shapes, and formulations which make them easier to use with special pet body parts such as eyes, ears, anal glands, and paws.
- Cat wipes are available in pet-friendly fragrances and generally not too costly, at least for their size. So, it is a good idea to get a special cat wipes anyway.
It is important to emphasize that cat wipes are by no means substitutes for regular professional grooming. They are only meant for in-between cleanup.
Secondly, not all types of pet wipes are easily biodegradable, so if you use them in excess, there is going to be an environmental impact.
Finally, in rare cases, some cat wipes may have an allergic reaction on the pet’s skin, mainly because of the ingredients and sensitive pet skin. It is a good idea to check for allergy by using the wipe on a small skin area.
You should keep these things in mind and consider using cat wipes only in moderation for grooming and let the wetness dry before allowing the kitty to lick around freely. In addition, you should avoid using cat wipes on kittens younger than 10-12 weeks. We also recommend that you discontinue use and consult the vet in case of any serious discomfort or allergic reaction.
Types of cat wipes
Before we look at our picks for the best cat wipes, let us briefly discuss the different types of pet wipes that are available in the market:
- Cat grooming wipes: These are the most common type of standard cat wipes. They generally have one or more cleansers, moisturizers, and fresheners as active ingredients. Cat grooming wipes are perfect for everyday generic use. Pogi’s Grooming Wipes for Cats and Dogs is an example of general-purpose cat grooming wipes.
- Antiseptic wipes: These wipes are formulated with one or more disinfectant and antibacterial/antifungal ingredients. While they are not substitutes for proper medications and treatment, these semi-medicated wipes can still provide relief against infections and other on-the-spot skin issues such as flea and tick infections. However, you should always consult a vet before using them regularly. Pet MD Chlorhexidine Wipes for Cats and Dogs and Dechra MalAcetic Wet Wipes are two popular antiseptic pet wipes.
- Specialized wipes: These wipes are specially formulated to work for specific body parts. Specialized wipes include anal gland wipes, eye wipes, ear wipes, and oral wipes. Just like the antiseptic wipes, you should always consult a vet before picking the right one and using them regularly. Glandex Cleansing & Deodorizing Anal Gland Wipes is one example of cat wipes designed specifically for cleaning anal glands and private parts.
In the next sections, we will look at some of the best cat wipes available in the market and share our top picks. We would also cover the main factors to consider before picking the best cat wipes for your needs and some alternatives to these pet grooming and cleaning products.
Which are the best cat wipes for grooming and cleaning?
Ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Vera Extract, Vitamin E, Awapuhi Extract, Cucumber Extract, Polysorbate 20, and Benzoic Acid pH Controller. No Alcohol, Parabens, Phosphates, Phthalates, or other harsh chemicals. The wipe sheet is made of 100% sustainably harvested bamboo fiber.
- 8.0″ x 9.0″ wipe sheets.
- Suitable for both cats and dogs. Can be used on coat, ears, butt, private parts, and paws. Not for the eyes.
- 100 wipes per pack.
- Available in Scented or Unscented versions.
- Best-selling cat and dog grooming wipes with a hypoallergenic plant-based formulation with Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Hawaiian Awapuhi as active ingredients. Made in China in a Nordic Swan, ISO 9001, GMPc, BCR, GMP, and EPA-certified facility.
- Feature thick, multi-layer, soft, and gentle quilted wipe surface that is suitable for cleaning and grooming both cats and dogs. At 8″ x 9″, one of the largest pet grooming wipes in the market.
- The wipe base is made of 100% sustainable, eco-friendly, Oeko-Tex certified bamboo fiber, which is considered naturally anti-bacterial.
- Versatile 3-in-1 action – cleanse, deodorize and condition. Can be used for both cat and dog coats, ears, paws, feet, private parts, butt, and body. But recommended to not use on eyes.
- Available in unscented or Green Tea Leaf scented version. Come in a resealable lid-pack with 100 wipes each. Also available in a travel-size pack with 20 wipes.
- Competitively priced and offer the best quality-to-cost ratio. Backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment by the manufacturer.
If you are looking for generic pet grooming wipes that you can use frequently to clean and freshen your beloved cat or dog, then the best-selling Pogi’s Grooming Wipes are an excellent option to consider. Pogi’s Grooming Wipes have been the most popular pet wipes for years and there is a good reason for that.
The popular Pogi’s Grooming Wipes feature a hypoallergenic, pH-balanced, plant-based formulation with Aloe Vera, Cucumber Extract, and Hawaiian Awapuhi as active cleansing and conditioning ingredients in an alcohol-free base.
The wipes are made in China in a Nordic Swan, ISO 9001, GMPc, BCR, GMP, and EPA-certified facility, so you can be sure about the quality and safety of the products.
The Pogi’s wipes feature thick, multi-layered textured wipes with an eco-friendly base that is made of 100% sustainable, eco-friendly, Oeko-Tex certified bamboo fiber. The bamboo fiber base is strong, 100% biodegradable, and naturally anti-bacterial. The wipes are generously sized at 8″ x 9″ and have one of the largest sizes among pet grooming wipes.
Each wipe is semi-moistened with the formula to provide 3-in-1 action that cleanses, freshens, and conditions the pet’s body while giving the fur and coat a healthy shine. The wipes are gentle and soft enough to use with both cats and dogs and can work on coats, ears, paws, feet, private parts, and butt. The wipes are, however, not suitable to use on eyes and for oral cleansing.
The Pogi’s Grooming Wipes are available in both unscented and scented version with Green Tea Leaf smell. This is a big plus especially for pets with a strong sense of smell. The wipes are available in a resealable lid pack with 100 wipes and a travel-size portable pack with 20 wipes each.
Most buyers have reported that the packing is of better quality than other wipes and does not let the wipes dry even after frequent opening and closing of the lid. But if you want total protection, you can consider storing the wipes in an air-tight container.
The Pogi’s Grooming Wipes are backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment and a dedicated customer support service. These wipes are also available through Amazon’s Subscribe and Save Subscription program and Chewy’s Autoship program with some additional savings.
Ingredients: 2% Chlorhexidine, 1% Ketoconazole, Deionized Water, Propylene Glycol, Nonoxynol-9, Lactic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Fragrance, Methylisothiazolinone. Wipe pads are made of standard human cleansing-pad materials.
- 2.5″ diameter wipe pads.
- Suitable for both cats and dogs. Can be used on coat, ears, butt, private parts, and paws. Keep away from the eyes.
- 100 wipes per pack.
- Available in Scented or Unscented versions.
- Best-selling, vet-approved antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiseptic pet wipes with chlorhexidine and ketoconazole as active ingredients in an alcohol-based solution. Made in the US in an FDA, USDA and FSIS regulated manufacturing facility.
- Medicated wipes clean, degrease, and deodorize as well as help in relieving the symptoms of fungal and bacterial infections like hot spots, ringworm, and acne.
- Multi-purpose and gentle enough to be used for both cat and dog coats, ears, paws, feet, private parts, butt, and body.
- Because of medicated formulation, avoid use on open wounds, cuts, or raw areas. Do not allow the animal to lick the treated areas until dry to prevent ingestion. Also, keep away from eyes and wash hands after use.
- Available in unique round-shaped pads that are easier to use for spot cleaning than wipe sheets. Come in a resealable container jar with 50 wipes each.
- Premium-priced, though you get what you pay for. Backed by the standard 30-day satisfaction guaranteed commitment.
- Pet MD offers a variety of additional specialized cat and dog wipes for ears, eyes, and dental care.
If you are looking for medicated cat wipes that can not only clean, degrease and deodorize your pet but also help in soothing the skin and reduce itchiness, then the Pet MD Chlorhexidine Wipes are a perfect choice.
The Pet MD Chlorhexidine Wipes feature a vet-approved antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiseptic formulation with chlorhexidine and ketoconazole as active ingredients in an alcohol-based solution.
These wipes are manufactured and marketed by Florida, US-based Concept Labs Inc that has been at the forefront of developing innovative, veterinarian-recommended products for the health and well-being of pets since 2002.
The Pet MD wipes have a unique circular/rounded pad shape similar to the shape of the everyday cleansing and makeup removing pads. The pad base is made of high-quality and pet and human-safe wipe materials. At 2.5″ diameter, the wipes are just the right size to handle for wiping the pet and spot treatment.
The wipes are generously moistened with 2% Chlorhexidine, 1% Ketoconazole based medicated ingredients with Aloe Leaf Juice, Glycerin, and fragrance as additives in an alcohol-based solution.
These pad wipes are perfect for in-between bath cleansing and easier to use than shampoos and liquids. They also help in relieving the symptoms of fungal and bacterial infections such as hot spots, ringworm, and acne.
The usage is simple – cleanse the affected area with a pad 1 to 3 times per day, or as directed by your veterinarian. They can be used for both cats and dogs on coat, ears, paws, feet, private parts, butt and body. Just remember the pads are single-use and you should dispose them in a trash can (do not flush).
It is also important to remember that because of the medicated formulation, you should avoid using these wipes on open wounds, cuts, or raw areas. Also, do not allow the animal to lick the treated areas until dry to prevent ingestion. You also need to wash your hands after use to get rid of the residue and smell.
The Pet MD Chlorhexidine Wipes come in a secure re-lockable container jar. Each jar has 50 wipes. The wipes are premium-priced, though you get what you pay for.
Ingredients: Purified water, Natural hair, and skin cleansers and conditioners, Emulsifiers, Antiseptic and Preservatives, Anti-foam agent, vitamins A and E, Fragrance, Aloe Vera gel extract, and pH Controller. 100% plant-derived ingredients with no Parabens, Phthalates, or alcohol. (Only the Tushee/butt wipes have Methylparaben as one of the ingredients).
- 5.0″ x 10.0″ wipe sheets.
- Suitable for both cats and dogs. Can be used on face, coat, ears, butt, and paws. Not suitable for the eyes.
- 5, 10, or 30 wipes per pack.
- Fresh Natural scent.
- Not suitable for kittens under 12-15 weeks of age.
- Tushee wipes for your kitty’s or dog’s butt and bath wipes for dogs are also available.
- Premium, vet-approved quick bath wipes with an alcohol-free, pH-neutral, natural ingredient formulation with Aloe Vera and vitamins A & E. Made in the US in FDA-approved facilities using GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) processes.
- Each large 8″ x 10″ wipe features a thick and heavy-duty towel that is pre-moistened and super-absorbent to provide a thorough wipe down – from ears and face to paws and tips.
- Can also be used for wiping away dirt, dander, and loose fur while on the go. Feature a very light fresh scent to deodorize the pet without any discomfort.
- Environmentally-safe and biodegradable. However, because of thick sheets, can only be disposed of in the trash. Do not flush.
- Available in three sizes suitable for large dogs, small/medium dogs, and cats. Come in a resealable pack with 5, 10, or 30 wipes. The manufacturer also offers Tushee wipes for your kitty’s or dog’s butt and bath wipes for dogs.
- Premium-priced and slightly costlier than standard pet wipes. Backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment.
Ingredients: 2% Acetic Acid, 2% Boric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate, Glycerin, Fragrance.
- 6.0″ x 7.9″ wipe sheets.
- Suitable for both cats and dogs. Can be used on coat, ears, butt, private parts, and paws as well as facial wrinkle cleaning. Not suitable for the eyes.
- 25 or 100 wipes per pack.
- Light fruity fresh scent.
- High-quality cleansing antimicrobial pet wipes with Acetic and Boric acid as active ingredients in an alcohol-based solution. Made in the US.
- Patented, pH-balanced, antiseptic formulation quickly removes allergens and other pathogens from the pet’s skin and reduces itching. Especially beneficial for pets with sensitive skin.
- Reasonably-sized, multi-layered, 6″ x 7.9″ wipe sheets. Suitable for both cats and dogs for quick cleaning and facial degreasing. Lightly scented (fresh fruity scent).
- Also recommended by vets for mild fungal and bacterial infections and certain skin conditions, including hot spots, stud tail, and chin acne. Wash hands after use.
- Available in two packings – a 25-count travel pack or a 100-count clinic-sized canister. Can dry quickly, so important to reseal the container properly.
- Backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment. Dechra also offers a wide range of cat grooming supplies including specialized wipes, shampoos, and cleansers.
Ingredients: Distilled water, Coco Betaine, Glycerin, Honey, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Powder, and Colloidal Oat Flour. No Parabens, Phthalates, SLS, Petroleum or Synthetic Fragrances. The wipe sheet is made of bamboo and post-consumer recycled bottles.
- 8.0″ x 7.0″ wipe sheets.
- Though designed mainly for cats, also suitable for dogs. Can be used on face, coat, and paws. Not suitable for the eyes and ears.
- 50 wipes per pack.
- Light natural scent.
- Standard dog grooming wipes made with 97% natural ingredients including Oatmeal, Avocado, Lavender, and Honey. Made in the US.
- Mild and gentle pH balanced vet-recommended, colloidal Oat Flour-based formula free of parabens, sulfates, and harsh chemicals. The sheet is made of environment-friendly bamboo and post-consumer recycled bottles.
- Soft, moist wipes remove dander, soothe the pet’s skin, and soften the fur and hair. Perfect for spot cleaning the body and paw cleaning. Primarily for cats but can also work for dogs.
- Medium-sized 6.8″ x 7.0″ wipes have a light natural scent, free of artificial fragrances. May not be effective in masking cat odors.
- Available in a resealable pack size of 50 wipes each. Backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment by the manufacturer.
- Burt’s bees offers a wide range of cat grooming wipes and sprays, suitable for home and professional grooming.
Ingredients: Deionized Water, Polysorbate-20, Hawaiian Awapuhi Extract, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Benzoic Acid. No Alcohol, Parabens, Phosphates, Phthalates, DEA, Synthetic dyes, or perfumes. The wipe sheet is made of standard human-wipe materials.
- 7.0″ x 8.0″ wipe sheets.
- Suitable for both cats and dogs. Can be used on coat, ears, butt, private parts, and paws. Not suitable for the eyes.
- 100 wipes per pack.
- Available in Scented or Unscented versions. Also available in extra-soft sheets for kittens and puppies.
- Scented or unscented Earthbath All Natural Dog Grooming Wipes are also sold separately.
- Value-for-money pet grooming wipes with a pH-balanced, 100% natural ingredient formulation with Aloe Vera and vitamins E. Made in the US in FDA-approved facilities following GMP processes.
- Decent 7″ x 8″ size multi-layer wipe sheets have a soft, thick, and extra-moist surface, useful for touch-ups and cleaning pets in-between the baths. 100% biodegradable and cruelty-free.
- Suitable for daily use on all cats and dogs more than 6-8 weeks old. Can be used on coat, paws, tail, face, ears, and butt.
- Available in a resealable lid-design pack with 100 wipes each. Come in both fragrance-free and Scented (Mango, Green Tea Leaf) versions. Also available with extra-gentle sheets for puppies and Earthbath fragrance-free wipes for cats. Earthbath also offers a wide selection of cat and dog grooming supplies including shampoos, sprays, and conditioners.
- Come in a resealable container with 50 wipes each. Backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment by the manufacturer.
Ingredients: Certified Organic Aloe Vera, Catnip, Certified Organic Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Chamomile extract, Yucca extract, Vegetable Lanolin, and Coconut-derived cleansers. No Phosphates, Phthalates, DEA, Synthetic dyes, or perfumes. Fully biodegradable wipe sheets.
- 5.0″ x 8.0″ each.
- Suitable only for cats and kittens over 12 weeks of age. Can be used on coat, ears, and butt. Avoid direct contact with the eyes.
- 20 or 70 wipes per canister.
- Catnip-infused and light Coconut scent.
- Premium, gentle, and soft pet grooming wipes with organic Aloe Vera Extract and Jojoba oil, along with Coconut-based cleansers and catnip. Made in the US and meets the pet-friendly standards.
- Thick multi-layer, extra-moist, soft and gentle quilted wipe surface that is suitable for cleaning and grooming the felines. At 5″ x 8″, not as large as some other pet wipes.
- Fully biodegradable and though advertised as flushable, we recommend disposing of in the trash can.
- Multi-purpose and versatile – can be used on the face, coat, butt, and paws of all cats and kittens over 12 weeks of age. Can also be used on cat carriers and beds.
- Because of Catnip and Lanolin as ingredients, may not be suitable for allergic cats and dogs.
- Available in mild coconut scent and resealable canisters with 70 wipes each. Backed by a satisfaction guaranteed or money back commitment.
Ingredients: Organic Aloe Vera, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl PG Diammonium Chloride Phosphate, Lanolin, Polysorbate 20, Witch Hazel, Silk Amino Acid, Panthenol, EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid. Free from Parabens, chlorine, and other harsh chemicals. The wipe sheet is made of standard human-wipe materials.
- 8.0″ x 7.0″ each.
- Made primarily for cats, but also works well for thick fur dogs. Can be used on face, coat, butt, and paws. Keep away from the eyes.
- 50 wipes per container/pack.
- Aloe Vera Scent. Gentler, Espree Wipes for Kittens is also available.
- Conditioning and deodorizing cat wipes with a pH-neutral formulation with natural Aloe Vera, silky proteins, and vitamins A & E. Free from parabens, chlorine, and other harsh chemicals. Made in the US.
- Comfortable 6.8″ x 8″ size multi-layer wipe sheets have a soft, thick, and extra-moist surface that provides a smooth, shiny finish to the coat while cleaning away odor, food, dander, and other debris.
- Designed specifically for cats and suitable for wiping coat, paws, tail, face, ears, and private parts. Avoid contact with eyes.
- Environmentally-safe and biodegradable. However, because of thick sheets, can only be disposed of in the trash. Do not flush.
- Available in the natural Aloe Vera scent and a re-sealable container with 50 wipes.
- Backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment by the manufacturer. Gentler Espree Wipes for Kittens is also available. Espree also offers a variety of dog and cat grooming products at reasonable prices.
Ingredients: Distilled water, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, 2-Methyl-4-isothiazolinone-3-one, G2TAM, aloe extract, vitamin E, Chamomile. Free from Parabens, Alcohol, Fragrances, chlorine, and other harsh chemicals. The wipe sheet is made of standard human-wipe materials.
- 6.0″ x 8.0″ quilted wipe sheets.
- Suitable for both cats and dogs. Can be used on face, coat, butt, and paws.
- 100 wipes per lid pack.
- Available in Regular (Unscented) or Aloe Vera Scent.
- Premium, gentle and soft pet grooming wipes with a natural Aloe Extract, Vitamin E, Chamomile, and disinfectant formulation in an alcohol-free base. Made in China and meets the pet-friendly standards.
- Thick multi-layer, extra-moist, soft and gentle quilted wipe surface that is suitable for cleaning and grooming both cats and dogs. Scented or unscented option. At 6″ x 8″, not as large as some other pet wipes.
- Multi-purpose and versatile – can be used on the face, coat, butt, and paws of all furry pets.
- Available in two scents – Regular (Unscented) and Aloe Vera and pack of 100 wipes in a lid-design pack.
- Backed by a 30-day satisfaction guaranteed or money back commitment.
Ingredients: Distilled water, Propylene Glycol, Imidazolidine Urea, Isopropyl Myristate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide (PAPB), and Disodium EDTA. Alcohol-free. The wipe sheet is made of standard human-wipe materials.
- 3.0″ x 7.9″ quilted wipe sheets.
- Suitable for both cats and dogs. Can be used on face, coat, butt, and paws.
- 100 wipes per container/lid pack.
- Available in Natural or Aloe Vera scent.
- Multi-purpose pet grooming wipes with natural Aloe Vera and Vitamin E as active ingredients and an alcohol-free disinfectant base. Made in China and meets the pet-friendly standards enforced by the FAA and MSDS.
- Three-layer quilted wipes with a generous 6.3″ x 7.9″ size and soft, thick, and extra-moist. Mildly scented.
- Versatile and multi-purpose wipes, suitable for cleaning, conditioning, and grooming. Gentle enough to be used for both cat and dog coats, paws, feet, butt, and body.
- Available in two scents – Natural and Aloe Vera and pack of 100 wipes in a container or lid-design box.
- Competitively priced. Backed by a 30-day satisfaction guaranteed or money back commitment.
Additional options – Specialized cat wipes
As discussed above, in addition to the generic cat grooming wipes that can be used on the whole body on the pet, there are some special types of cat wipes that are most suited for special body parts.
For example, eye cat wipes can be used to remove tears and staining around the eyes. Similarly, ear cat wipes are effective in removing earwax and prevent ear infections.
If you are looking for such specialized wipes, you can look at the following best-selling cat wipes. Just remember to consult a vet in case you have any questions or concerns about using them:
- Glandex Cleansing & Deodorizing Anal Gland Wipes: Best-selling, vet-recommended anal gland hygienic pet wipes that contain natural DeoPlex enzyme to help eliminate unpleasant anal gland odors. Made in the US and rich in Vitamin E and Aloe Vera. Can also be used all over the body and ears. Also suitable for dogs.
- Arava Pet Eye Wipes: Special eye and face wipes enriched with gentle natural ingredients, vitamins, and the Dead Sea minerals. Formulated to prevent tear stains and clean around sensitive eyes and furry faces. Made in Israel. Also available in biodegradable wipes with bamboo fiber sheets as the base material. For ears, check out the Arava Pet Ear Wipes.
- PetPost Cat Ear Wipes: Vet-formulated, alcohol-free cat ear wipe pads with Aloe Vera and Coconut oil for gentle cleansing of pet ears – reduce wax build-up, remove debris and prevent ear infection. Made in the US with an environment-friendly formulation – all naturally derived ingredients, recyclable packaging, and eco-friendly natural cotton pads.
- MaxiGuard Oral Cleansing Wipes: Textured oral cleansing wipes that combine a professional neutralized zinc formulation with an easy to use, large oral wipe cloth. Help in removing plaque and odor-causing bacteria. Made in the US. Also, check out the John Paul Pet Tooth and Gum Pet Wipes as an alternative.
- Wondercide Natural Flea, Tick and Mosquito Pet Wipes: Ready-to-use preventive and treatment pet wipes with an all-natural cedar oil-based formulation. Proven to kill, repel, and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. Come in a resealable canister that can hold 30 soft wipes. Biodegradable and made in the US. Also, consider the Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Wipes as an alternative.
- Feliway Adaptil Cat Comfort Wipes: Specialized calming and soothing cat wipes to use with cat’s furniture (not on cat’s body). Rely on special pheromones to comfort the kitty. Simply wipe down the cat carrier and/or bedding during stressful situations such as a trip to the vet or travel. Comes in individual, single-use packing. Created and manufactured by Ceva Sante Animale in France
Alternatives to using cat wipes for grooming and cleaning
If your kitty needs additional grooming, then the best solution for thorough cleaning is still to give him/her a nice bath. This is definitely not easy, especially if your kitty hates getting itself wet.
In addition to using cat wipes, an option is to use a no-rinse dry shampoo. Simply apply generous shampoo foam on the dirty hotspot or the entire body, let it stand for a minute, and then wipe with a towel, towel glove, or brush.
Some of the best no-rinse and waterless pet shampoos and cleansers available in the market are listed below:
- Vet’s Best Waterless Cat Bath: Best-selling waterless no-rinse pet grooming foam mousse formulated with Aloe Vera, neem oil, vitamin E, and oatmeal. Hassle and mess-free application that cleans deodorizes and conditions the cat’s coat and fur. Made in the US and free from detergent, alcohol, and harsh chemicals.
- Burt’s Bees For Cats Natural Waterless Shampoo: Another popular waterless pet grooming shampoo made with skin-nourishing apple and shine-boosting honey. Made in the US and is pH balanced, and alcohol, paraben, and PEG-80 free. This soothing formula acts as a cleanser, conditioner, detangler, and moisturizer. Also available as a spray.
- Furminator deShedding Rinse-Free Foaming Shampoo: Scented no-rinse dry pet grooming foam formulated with soothing natural ingredients – Hydrolyzed Plant Proteins & Omega Fatty Acids. Made in the US and 100% detergent and alcohol-free and non-toxic.
- ScrubbyPet No-Rinse Pet Shampoo Mittens: Innovative, single-use, water-activated shower mittens that release gentle, unscented cleaning lather when wet. Designed in the US and made in Israel. Feature 5.75″ x 9.5″ mittens that are extremely easy and convenient to use – just add water, scrub the pet, and towel-dry. Available in resealable packs of 5, 10, or 15 mittens.
A matte, tangle-free coat also helps in keeping a feline comfortable. So, it is a good idea to brush your cat or cats frequently (more often if you already do so) during summers. You can also use professional grooming services and get the excess fur clipped, especially if you have a long-hair kitty. Some of the best cat brushes to use for grooming are listed below:
- Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush: Best-selling cat grooming brush that gently removes loose hair, dander, and trapped dirt and eliminates tangles, knots, and mattes.
- Furminator Longhair De-shedding Tool: Another hugely popular cat grooming brush features a stainless-steel de-shedding edge that reaches through topcoat to safely and easily remove loose hair and undercoat.
- Burt’s Bees Bamboo Grooming Brush: Unique 2-in-1 cat grooming tool that effectively removes fleas and flea eggs on one side, while the other side acts as a gentle regular brush.
How to pick the best cat wipes for grooming and cleaning?
With so many different pet grooming wipes available in the market, picking the best cat wipes for your pooch can be a challenge. After all, you need cat wipes that feel soft and comfortable on the pet’s skin and fur and cleanse, freshen and deodorize the pet effectively.
You need to look at a few important factors summarized below before picking the best cat grooming and cleaning wipes for your kitty:
- Type and purpose of the wipes
- Ingredients and formulation
- Effectiveness and safety
- Size and packing
- Additional factors and considerations
Type and purpose of the wipes
Before picking a specific pack of cat wipes for your kitty, you would need to think about the type of wipes you would like to opt for.
As discussed above, you basically have three broad categories of pet wipes to choose from – standard cat grooming wipes, antiseptic disinfectant wipes, and specialized cat wipes
Standard, general-purpose cat cleaning and grooming wipes are the most common and most versatile types of cat wipes meant for daily touch-ups, removing dirt, dander and grime, and general grooming and freshening. These wipes are soft and gentle enough to be used on the pet’s face, coat, paws, butt, private parts, and in some cases ears as well. If you are looking for something like this, you can look at cat grooming wipes such as the Pogi’s Grooming Wipes for Cats and Dogs and Earthbath All Natural Cat Grooming Wipes.
If you are looking for special cat wipes to give your pet a dry bath at home or while on the go, then the International Veterinary Sciences Quick Bath Cat Wipes would be a perfect choice.
On the other hand, if you are looking for semi-medicated antiseptic and disinfectant wipes, then the Pet MD Chlorhexidine Wipes for Cats and Dogs and Dechra MalAcetic Wet Wipes would be an excellent choice.
Finally, if you need cat wipes for specialized needs such as using on eyes, ears, anal glands, etc. then you are better off picking one of the special pet wipes designed for those parts only. They would always be more effective than the general-purpose grooming wipes.
So depending upon your preference and requirements, you can decide upon the type of cat wipes you would like to opt for.
Ingredients and formulation
Once you have decided upon the type of cats wipes you are looking for, you need to take the ingredients and formulation of the wipes into account. After all, the ingredients and formulations govern the effectiveness, convenience, and safety of the wipes.
The best cat wipes are hypoallergenic, gentle yet effective, freshen and deodorize the pet and do not leave a residue after use (except for the medicated wipes off course).
We have done due diligence in only listing cat (and dog) wipes that are made of pH balanced, natural ingredients that are hypoallergenic to most pets or have a pet and human-safe chemical ingredients, making them perfectly safe for indoor and outdoor use. Almost all the options that we have listed are also suitable for small furry pets, including dogs.
All the cat wipes with Aloe Vera extracts that we have listed are free of Aloin (the white latex part contains this chemical) and only feature gel part which is not toxic for animals, including cats and dogs.
In addition, most of the grooming wipes that we listed are free from Alcohol, Parabens, Phosphates, Phthalates, and other harsh chemicals. The antiseptic and medicated wipes that have recommended have an alcohol base in only a minimal, tolerable proportion. (You would still need to wash your hands after using the medicated wipes).
The sheet base of almost all the wipes that we listed is 100% biodegradable and made of standard human-wipe materials, so you need not worry about them causing substantial environmental impact. You would still need to dispose them of in the trash and do not flush in the toilet (they can clog your plumbing).
Our list has both odor-rich (scented) and odorless (unscented) cat wipes, as indicated in the product details. We have taken care to list only those odor-rich sprays which have a light and bearable human-friendly natural scent, be it lavender, Aloe, Chamomile, or other natural oil smell.
Still, the taste of odor varies from pet to pet and person to person, so keep the odor of the wipes also in mind before picking the best cat wipes for your kitty.
You can generally get a good idea about this from the product feedback, reviews, and Q&A section.
Check the ingredients, formulation, and scent of the wipes before picking the best cat wipes for your needs.
Effectiveness and safety
As stated above, cats are self-grooming creatures and do not require frequent cleaning and bathing. Still, the primary purpose of opting for a cat grooming wipe is to assist in cleaning and grooming in-between baths and/or professional care. So obviously, you need a wipe that is effective, efficient, and convenient to cleanse, freshen and/or moisturize and disinfect the pet’s body, paws, ears, or whichever part it is meant for.
Considering that most cats have thick furs, the most suitable cat wipe must be capable of grooming the pet by removing dirt and mud from the body without losing its efficacy or tearing down.
Most of the options that we have listed are generously moist and thick with high-quality ingredients that can cleanse and/or disinfect the skin in a single swipe.
Closely related to the effectiveness of the wipes is the safety to use on pet’s skin. Grooming wipes that are free from Alcohol, Parabens, Phosphates, Phthalates, Synthetic dyes, and artificial fragrances are the best options and suitable for daily use. Many disinfectant wipes need to have an alcohol-base, so they can only be used in moderation.
We have only listed options that are safe for a wide range of pets –long hairs, thin coats, thick furs, cats of all ages, and other furry animals and puppies. Still, each pet’s skin is different, so make sure you spot test the wipe on a small body surface before full usage.
You will find our top picks – Pogi’s Grooming Wipes for Cats and Dogs among cleaning wipes, and Pet MD Chlorhexidine Wipes for Cats and Dogs and Dechra MalAcetic Wet Wipes among disinfecting wipes as especially effective and safe for most pets.
Check the effectiveness and safety of the towel before picking the best cat wipes for your feline. You can generally get some of this information from the specifications, reviews, or Q&A section of the product. And if in doubt, just cross-check with your groomer or vet.
Size and packing
The size and thickness of the wipe sheets is also something you would need to take into consideration before picking the best cat wipes for your kitty.
Most cat cleaning wipes are available as multi-layered rectangular sheets, except for the Pet MD Chlorhexidine Wipes for Cats and Dogs, which are available in circular pads (like the makeup removal pads).
The size and thickness of the wipe sheets varies a little from brand to brand, ranging from medium – 6.8″ x 7″ for the Espree Silky Cat Aloe Wipes to oversized – 5″ x 10″ for International Veterinary Sciences Quick Bath Pet Wipes
The general rule of thumb regarding the thickness is that thicker the sheet, the more effective it would be. This also means that most cat wipes are non-flushable.
All the options that we have listed are two or three-ply thick and quilted to keep them soft and gentle. Still, if you are looking for the best in the lot, you can consider our top pick – the Pogi’s Grooming Wipes for Cats and Dogs are a preferable option. They have decent 8″ x 9″ wipe sheets that are 3-ply thick.
Check out the overall size of the sheets before picking the best cat cleaning wipes for your felines. You can generally get a lot of information regarding sizing from the product details and the manufacturer’s website.
Another closely related factor is the type of packing number of wipes available per pack. Most cat wipes are available in canisters or soft/hard-plastic lid packs which are conveniently resealable. However, despite the wipes being available in resealable lid-packs or container jars, some of them would invariably lose their moistness if the pack is opened and closed many times.
You would probably like to get a wipe that is available in multiple counts – 20 or more wipes per pack for travel and initial use and large 100+ count wipes per pack for indoor/domestic use.
Most of the options that we have listed are available in different package sizes ranging from 5 wipes per pack to as high as 100 wipes per package. Some cat grooming wipes are also offered through Amazon’s Pet Subscription program or Chewy’s Autoship program for regular shipment and some additional savings.
Additional factors and considerations
In addition to the major factors discussed above, there are some other miscellaneous considerations that can make a particular cat wipes brand a preferable option over others in the market
Since the cat wipes are going to be used on the pet’s skin, the quality of manufacturing processes and restrictions is also something you might want to look at.
Any product that is made in the US in FDA-approved facilities using Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) technologies is always preferable. The made in China options that we have listed also conform to these standards and are certified by multiple agencies such as ISO and FAA/FDA, so you can also consider them as a suitable choice without any concerns.
Finally, one of the most important additional consideration is the warranty and after-sales support offered on the towel by the manufacturer. Most of the options that we listed are backed by some satisfaction guaranteed commitments and 30-day evaluation warranties. We recommend that you try the wipes as soon as you get them to ensure they are suitable for your kitty (to reiterate, natural ingredients does not always mean 100% hypoallergenic).
You can look at all these additional factors to determine if they make a specific cat wipes brand a better choice over others.
Final thoughts on the best cat wipes for grooming and cleaning
Though cats love to self-groom, there are situations in which you would have to assist in cleaning them up. This can sometimes be a challenge. After all, bathing your cat frequently is neither easy nor recommended.
Cat wipes are a convenient solution to keep your pet fresh, clean, cool, and healthy. These special pet wipes are made of gentle and pet-safe ingredients and are versatile, portable, and easy to use. But picking the right type and quality of cat wipes is important.
In this article, we listed some of the best cat wipes available in the market for grooming and cleaning your pet. We looked at the major characteristics of these special pet wipes, the advantages of using them, the factors to consider before picking the best cat wipes and also shared our top picks.
We hope that you found this article useful and it would help you in picking the best cat wipes as per your requirements and preferences. Do let us know your feedback and questions by commenting below. Until next time, happy grooming your beloved Kitty!
Image credits: Amazon.com