Frisco Cat Cave Beds Review – Affordable and Stylish Cat Beds
As we saw in our article on the best cat cave beds, most indoor cats love a secluded, warm, and cozy place to nap, hide, or just play with their siblings.
But picking the right cat cave bed is important. After all your cat would prefer a bed that is durable, comfortable in all weathers, and rightly sized. And you would prefer a cat cave bed having all these features but does not cost a fortune.
Frisco, Chewy’s in-house brand, offers a wide range of cat cave beds that we had the chance to evaluate. In this article, we share our review of these cozy pet enclosures that also work well for puppies and other small pets.
We list the key specifications of the most popular Frisco cat cave bed designs and share our findings, as well as features to look out for before picking the right one for your kitty. So, buckle up and read on!
Disclaimer: The review here is totally independent and is driven only by the actual quality of the product, few personal predispositions, and the bias of Hunter – our resident kitty!
Frisco Cat Cave Beds ListSome of the most popular Frisco cat cave bed designs available in different sizes are listed below:
|Frisco Dog & Cat Cave Bed||16” x 11” x 9”.|
|Frisco Dog & Cat Igloo Cave Bed||14.5” x 14.5” x 8”.|
|Frisco Novelty Dog & Cat Shark Cave Bed||14” x 14” x 17”.|
7” x 7.5” entrance.
|Frisco Foldable Canopy Cat Bed||15” x 15” x 15”.|
|Frisco Cat & Dog Tent Bed||M: 16" x 16" x 14", 8.5" entrance.|
L: 19" x 19" x 19", 11" entrance.
Frisco Cat Cave Beds Specifications
The key specifications of the Frisco cat cave beds are listed below:
- Building Material:
- Frisco Dog & Cat Cave Bed: Soft faux-suede fabric exteriors with polyester foam filling.
- Frisco Dog & Cat Igloo Cave Bed: Polyester exteriors with Polyfill filling.
- Frisco Novelty Dog & Cat Shark Cave Bed: Polyester exteriors with Polyfill foam filling.
- Frisco Foldable Canopy Cat Bed: Super-soft plush polyester surface.
- Frisco Cat & Dog Tent Bed: Plush polyester exteriors with soft Polyfill foam filling.
- All beds come with a soft synthetic fleece pillow with polyester fiber filling.
- Frisco Dog & Cat Cave Bed: 16″ x 11″ x 9″, 8.5″ entrance.
- Frisco Dog & Cat Igloo Cave Bed: 14.5″ x 14.5″ x 8″, 8.5″ entrance.
- Frisco Novelty Dog & Cat Shark Cave Bed: 14″ x 14″ x 17″, 7″ x 7.5″ entrance.
- Frisco Foldable Canopy Cat Bed: 15″ x 15″ x 15″, 15″ entrance.
- Frisco Cat & Dog Tent Bed: M: 16″ x 16″ x 14″, 8.5″ entrance; L: 19″ x 19″ x 19″, 11″ entrance.
- Suitable for: Depends upon the cave bed size. Small kittens and cats/dogs weighing from 5 lbs. up to 25 lbs. Most models are not suitable for large and extra-large cats weighing over 25 lbs.
- Style and colors: Available in 2-3 colors with over 5 modern designs.
- Cleaning and maintenance: Machine washable in the gentle cycle and air dry. Spot clean stains with mild soap and cold water.
- Country of origin: Designed in the US. Made in China under strict quality control measures.
- Warranty: 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment for up to one year.
- Price range: $ to $$ depending upon the size and design.
Frisco Cat Cave Beds Review
To thoroughly review and evaluate the Frisco cat cave beds, we primarily focused on the building material and quality, design features, color and style, ease of cleaning and maintenance, and the price/cost of ownership. Our findings are summarized below:
Material and quality
Frisco cat cave beds have a decent build quality for their price.
As listed in the specifications, Frisco cat cave beds are made of the following material:
- Soft exterior cover made of polyester-based Sherpa faux-fleece or plush material.
- All cave beds except the Frisco Foldable Canopy Cat Bed have a Polyfill foam filling that’s soft and snuggly and stays warm in winters and does not get too hot in summers.
- All cave beds come with a removable soft synthetic fleece pillow with polyester fiber filling.
So unless you are looking for a premium 100% wool or lanolin cat cave bed, you will find soft and plush, all-weather construction of Frisco cat cave beds suitable as your pet’s covered sleeping enclosure.
When it comes to the design features, Frisco cat cave beds are second to none in the market.
Each cat cave bed is expertly designed here in the US by experts who know more than a few things about the primary needs of the felines these covered pet beds can fulfill.
All beds, except for the portable canopy bed, are fully padded on all sides for a comforting, den-like hideout and have a non-slip bottom that works on all types of flooring. Just remember that though the plush polyester cover is reasonably durable, it is not 100% chew-resistant and an aggressive kitty can chew through the surface.
The beds are easy to set up and flatten for simple storage or to take along during travel.
The pillow cushion that comes with the beds is easily removable and machine washable – a big plus indeed.
Size and weight
The size of the cat bed expressed in terms of overall dimensions and the size of the entrance is an important factor before picking the best cat cave bed for your pets.
The size of the cat bed that you should opt for is generally governed by the space that you have, and the cat’s breed and size.
Almost all Frisco cat cave beds are available in a single size with enough space to accommodate a 5-25 lbs. cat or dog. Only the Frisco Cat & Dog Tent Bed can accommodate a pet up to 30 lbs.
The entrance is generously large – ranging from 7 inches up to 15 inches for the semi-open Frisco Foldable Canopy Cat Bed.
The cat cave beds are reasonably lightweight and can flatten for simple storage or to take along during travel.
Color and style
The Frisco cat cave beds are available in a handful of trendy, earth-inspired colors that complement any home décor and style. And they are available in five to six different designs as we listed above.
So, depending upon your house décor and you and your kitty’s preference, you can pick a cat bed with an appropriate design, shape, and color (the basket weave pattern of the Frisco Igloo bed is one of our favorites).
You can always reach out to Chewy if you have a specific design or color in mind and check if those options would be made available any time soon.
Care and maintenance
The care and maintenance of Frisco cat cave beds is not much different from most other faux-fleece cat cave beds.
Unlike the woolen cat cave beds that require special care and hand wash, Frisco covered pet beds are easy to maintain and machine washable.
For regular cleaning, you can simply use a vacuum to capture any dirt or cat hair. For stains, wiping the spot with mild soap and water should be sufficient.
For thorough cleaning, you can simply remove the cushion and put the bed and cushion pillow in the washing machine (in delicate cycle and cold water settings). Just make sure that you use only a mild detergent and non-chlorine bleach if required. The beds can be tumble dried in low heat, but we recommend that you dry it the air.
Reshaping may also be required after a thorough wash. During our evaluation, we washed the Igloo bed once and it retained its shape surprisingly well.
One of the biggest selling points of Frisco cat cave beds is their affordable price. Pet owners after owners list this as one of the most attractive factors for opting for these cat trees.
Like other Frisco Pet Products, the Frisco covered pet beds are very competitively priced for the quality they offer and about 10-20% cheaper than similar options in the market and offer a great quality-to-cost ratio.
And if you time your purchase perfectly, you can get even more discount on their already low prices (Check the ChewyDeals Reddit Forum for a curated list of the best pet product deals).
Warranty and support
Warranty and support is another strong selling point for Frisco cat cave beds and Frisco pet products in general.
All of the Frisco dog crates are backed by the Chewy 100% unconditional satisfaction guaranteed commitment for a period of one year. If you’re not 100% satisfied with the product, you can contact their friendly customer service for an exchange or refund – a big plus indeed.
Based on our evaluation and review of the product specifications, utility and the in-use performance, we believe that Frisco covered cat beds are an ideal, value-for-money enclosed cat cave bed option for small and mid-size cats.
These cat cave beds are reasonably durable and soft to provide your pooch or kitty a comfortable and cozy enclosure for chilling out, sleeping, or hiding.
To summarize, the major positives and negatives of the Frisco cat cave beds that we observed are listed below:
- Value-for-money covered cat beds featuring soft faux-fleece or plush material exteriors and ultra-plush-fabric-lined sleeping area and fluffy cushion.
- Versatile and rich in features. Can be used for snoozing, hiding, or playing. Suitable for single or multi-pet homes for one or more cats weighing up to 20-25 lbs. Work for puppies and small dogs too.
- Available in over five different designs in a handful of earth-inspired color combinations.
- Easy to clean and maintain. Machine washable.
- Backed by 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment for one year and a dedicated customer support service.
- Competitively priced and offer an excellent quality-to-cost combination.
- The faux-fleece surface and cushion are not chew-proof, so you should only get such a covered pet bed only if the pet is not an aggressive chewer.
- Because of a single standard size, most models are not suitable for large and extra-large cats such as Maine Coons and Bengals.
Final Thoughts on the Frisco Cat Cave Beds
Most cats spend anywhere from 12-15 hours per day sleeping or snoozing. And if the indoor kitty loves to hide in a cupboard or under the bed, or lounge in a cardboard box, chances are he/she would love the luxury of an enclosed cat cave bed. But picking the right cat cave bed is important.
In this article, we reviewed the most popular cat cave bed designs offered by Frisco, Chewy’s in-house brand. We listed the key specifications of these cozy cat beds and presented our in-the-field assessment of one of the products, ably assisted by Hunter – our in-house resident kitty.
Overall, we found the Frisco cat cave beds decent, value-for-money enclosed cat cave beds designs to consider. And they work well with small dogs and puppies too!
So, if you are looking for a good-quality and functional cat cave bed for your kitty (or kitties) and do not want to break the bank, then you definitely consider one of the Frisco cat cave bed designs as an option.
For any more questions or comments, feel free to share them through the comment section below and we would be happy to answer them. And if you are looking for additional cat cave bed options, you can check out our articles on the best cat cave beds and our review of the CatCaveCo cat cave beds.