Having a puppy as a pet is super-exciting for any pet owner. Along with the excitement comes the challenge of ensuring a proper housebreaking and litter training for the little one. Puppy training pads are exactly the tool you need to potty-train your furry friend.
But which are the best puppy training pads available in the market?
In this article, we will look at answering exactly the same question and share some of the best puppy training pads available in the market. We will look at both the disposable pee pads and washable potty trainers and share our top picks in each category.
Puppy training pads, or dog pee pads as they are sometimes called, provide a convenient way to teach your puppy to do its business where you want it to. And they also work well with old and sick dogs and cats too.
Read on to find out which are the best puppy training pads for your beloved pet.
Best puppy training pads listSome of the best puppy training pads or dog pee pads available in the market are listed below:
|Simple Solution Premium Dog Training Pads
|Std.: 23” x 24”
XL: 28” x 30”
|All-Absorb Dog Training Pads
|Std.:22” x 23”
XL: 28” x 34”
|AmazonBasics Pet Training Pads
|Std.:22” x 22”
XL: 28” x 34”
|Bulldogology XL Dog Pee Pads
|L: 24” x 24”
XL: 24" x 35"
|American Kennel Club Scented Puppy Training Pads
|Std.:22” x 22”
XL: 30” x 28”
|Four Paws Wee-Wee Puppy Training Pads
|Std.: 22” x 23”
XL: 28” x 34”
XXL: 27” x 44”
|Top Dog Deluxe Dog Training Pads
|L: 23” x 22”
XL: 30” x 26”
|Rocket & Rex Washable Pee Pads
|36” x 30”
|Pet Parents Washable Dog Pee Pads
|36” x 34”
|Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty Trainer
|24" x 16"
|DoggieLawn Disposable Dog Potty Trainer
|24.7" x 21"
|PETMAKER Puppy Potty Trainer
|S: 20” x 16”
M: 25” x 20”
What are puppy training pads and why do you need them?
As the name suggests, puppy training pads are multi-layer pee-absorbing training aids that absorb the canine’s excretion (urine basically, but can work for solid waste as well) and prevent the pets from soiling the carpets and floors. Also sometimes referred to as puppy pee pads or dog pee pads, these items are a perfect training aid to assist dog owners in housebreaking a new pet.
Puppy training pads are available in multiple types (disposable vs washable) and sizes and not all puppy training pads are made equal.
Most disposable training pads have five or more layers to absorb the liquid waste and have odor neutralizers to minimize the pee odor. Most training pads are even sprayed with natural pheromones which act as attractants for the pet. And if you are looking for an even better odor control and absorption, there are black carbon-activated (or charcoal) puppy training pads. These pads are generally costlier than standard dog training pads.
Washable puppy training pads are also multi-layered and have 3 or more absorbing layers. They are machine or hand washable and can be reused more than 200 times before they lose their absorption capabilities. Washable pads have a high initial cost, but have lower recurring costs and are more environment-friendly. And if you have an aggressive chewer, these pads are generally more durable.
We also have patched indoor dog potty trainers that provide an outdoor-like housebreaking training environment to the pets. These indoor dog potty trainers have a replaceable natural or artificial grass patch and work especially well for adult untrained dogs.
While designed specifically for housetraining puppies, puppy and dog training pads can be useful in multiple situations as summarized below:
- Assist in proper housebreaking of an untrained puppy or dog.
- Assist sick or old dogs who cannot hold their urine long enough or are reluctant to venture outside.
- Offering an option to the pet in case of inclement weather condition such as high temperatures, rain or snow.
- Help in managing pets even when the pet owners have long working hours, forcing them to leave the pet home alone.
- Can be used as liners in car seats, crates and pet carriers in homes or while traveling.
- Can also be used as pet doormats to dry pet paws after a trip on the wet grass.
- Can be used as absorbing floor mats for pet water dispensers and fountains.
Like all housebreaking aids, dog pee pads are not a perfect solution. Some of the major pros and cons to consider before deciding upon using these training pads are listed below.
As evident from the discussion above, puppy training pads are overall a useful tool to use for housebreaking a pet. In the next sections, we will look at some of the best puppy training pads available in the market and share our top picks. We would also cover some advice on how you can train your pet to use these training pads.
Which are the best puppy training pads and dog potty trainers?
Size: S: 23” x 24”; XL: 28” x 30”
Construction: 6-layer activated carbon construction with wetness indicator and attractant. Unscented.
- Deluxe dog pee pads with a durable 6-layer leak-proof construction with InstaShield technology that holds more liquid and neutralizes odor. Can hold up to 6 cups of liquid.
- Have a unique color-changing wetness indicator that turns teal when it is time to change.
- Features a 3-in-1 attractant to attract, engage and encourage the pet to use the pad.
- Comes in two sizes – Standard and Extra-Large and available in a count of 50, 100 and 200 pads.
- Also has a longer-lasting Simple Solution Premium Scented Training Pads version that can hold up to 10-cups of liquid. Suitable for home-alone pets and multi-dog homes.
If you are looking for a premium dog pee pad for your puppy or an adult dog, then you should check out the Simple Solution Premium Dog Training Pads. These Deluxe Dog Pee Pads are also perfect for busy pet parents who cannot be around their pets all the time.
The Simple Solutions Premium Puppy training pads have a 6-Layer leak-proof construction with a PE plastic base and a heavy-gauge diamond quilted top layer. The Premium pads are unscented and odor-neutral and designed to hold up to 6 cups of liquid.
The pad features a proprietary InstaShield technology that absorbs the liquids and directs the moisture into the pad’s core, making these pads about twice as more absorbent than the standard training pads. Each pad has an odor neutralizing layer and a 3-in-1 built-in attractant that attracts, engages and encourages the dog to use the pad. For an even more enticement, you can spray the pad with additional puppy training spray.
One of the key unique feature color-changing wetness indicator. The color of the pad turns teal when it is time to change the pad. This is a big plus if you are a busy pet parent.
The Simple Solutions Premium puppy training pads come in two sizes – Standard and Extra-Large and available in a count of 50,100 or 200 pads. These pads are slightly costlier than other training pads, but are worth the money.
And if you are looking for an all-day, 24-hour protection or have multiple pets, you can consider the longer-lasting Simple Solution Premium Scented Training Pads as well that can hold up to 10-cups of liquid.
The only thing you have to keep in mind with purchasing the Simple Solutions Premium puppy training pads is to ensure that you get the Premium training pads. Some sellers may ship the Original version which is cheaper and less absorbent.
Size: Std.:22” x 23”; XL: 28” x 34”
Construction: 5-layer construction with a built-in attractant. Unscented.
- Best-selling puppy training pads with a 5-layer construction. Now made in the US (earlier versions were made in China). Competitively priced.
- Feature an absorbent core with a quick-dry quilted surface. Can absorb up to 3 cups of liquid.
- Coated with odor-neutralizing baking soda and built-in attractant to entice and engage puppies.
- Comes in two sizes and available in a count of 40, 100, 200 and 400 pads.
- For even more odor control and absorption, check out the All-Absorb Premium Training Pads with activated carbon.
If you are looking for a standard puppy training pad for housebreaking and do not want to shell out a fortune, then you will find the All-Absorb training pads as an excellent choice.
These best-selling puppy training pads are made in the US (earlier versions were made in China) and feature a high-quality 5-layer construction with a built-in attractant and baking soda as an odor neutralizer.
The top layers provide quick absorption and odor control, while the bottom two layers provide a waterproof and leak-proof operation. The middle layer features a mix of super-absorbent polymer and pulp that can turn the pet’s urine into gel quickly. Each pad can hold up to 3 cups of liquids easily and can last multiple uses.
The All-Absorb puppy training pads are available in two sizes – Standard and Extra-Large. The standard size is suitable for small puppies, while the extra-large size works well for large puppies and adult dogs. These pads are available in a variety of sets ranging from 40 pads to up to 400 pads per set.
The only complaint that you might have with these training pads is that they do not last as long as premium training pads and hence have to be changed frequently. Still, because of their competitive price, they are a perfect solution for short-term use and housebreaking a pet.
Size: 30” x 36”
Construction: 4-layer blended fabric construction with an anti-slip bottom. Unscented and odor-neutral.
- Large-sized, washable dog training pads featuring a heavy-duty, four-layer construction that is leak-proof and waterproof. Unscented and odorless.
- Work for all floor types – wooden, tiles, carpets. Anti-slip bottom keeps the pad secure when in use.
- Machine washable and last for over 300 wash cycles.
- Work well for all puppies and dog breeds. Also suitable for use as a pet food mat and even baby bed protector.
- Come is a set of two textured pee pads and backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment.
As discussed above, washable pee pads are another option for dog training pads. They are more eco-friendly and cheaper in long run. And they are much more durable to withstand some abuse by an aggressive puppy that likes to shred things.
So, if you are looking for washable puppy training pads that you can use for multiple purposes, then consider the Rocket & Rex Washable Pee Pads. It is one of the most popular washable pee pad in the market and there is a good reason for that.
These stylish-looking reusable dog pee pads feature a waterproof and leak-proof 4-layered blended fabric construction. The top and middle layers provide an absorbent, odor neutralizing surface, while the bottom layer provides a waterproof layer that keeps the floor and rugs completely dry even after use. The pee pad is triple stitched and designed to withstand some abuse by an inquisitive puppy.
The Rocket & Rex Washable Pee Pads are machine or hand washable and can be reused for over 300 washes without losing absorbing capabilities. You just need to avoid using fabric softeners while washing and instead use Pet Enzyme deodorizers after washing.
The Rocket & Rex Dog Training Pads come in a generous size of 30″ x 36″ and are available in a set of two. And they are backed by a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment by the manufacturer. And like all other washable pads, these pads can be used for a variety of other purposes – water mats, crate liners, even child bed protectors.
Size: L: 24” x 16”
Construction: Hydroponically grown grass patch in a cardboard box. Natural scent.
- An eco-friendly, all-natural puppy potty training pad with a hydroponically-grown grass patch in a biodegradable cardboard box.
- Best-in-class grass patch that is denser, soil-less and bacteria-free. Acts as a natural attractant and odor neutralizer.
- Designed to last up to 2 weeks depending upon the dog size and weather conditions. Spray water and remove any solid waste for longer life.
- Low maintenance and easy to use. Simply discard the box and get a new one.
- Most suitable for dogs and puppies weighing less than 25 lbs. Also works for cats, rabbits and hamsters too.
Dog training pads are not the only type of housebreaking training aids available in the market. If you are looking for a more “real-like” potty trainer for your puppy or an indoor potty for an adult dog for those inclement weather or sick days, then you need a grass dog potty trainer, just like the Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty Trainer.
This popular indoor all-natural dog potty trainer is a fully-disposable real-grass dog potty trainer. It features a high-quality, hydroponically-grown grass patch placed in a biodegradable cardboard box. The grass is long-lasting and dirt-free and denser than other grass patches that you get for landscaping.
Each patch is 16″x24″ in size and works well for dogs up to 25 lbs. For larger dogs, you can join two pads together. The grass patch also works well with rabbits and other ferrets.
The Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty Trainer is designed to last for up to 2 weeks, depending upon the dog size and weather conditions. In order to prolong the life, spray some water on the patch daily and let it dry before the dog can use it. The grassy patch acts as a natural attractant and odor neutralizer, though you can always spray it with additional attractant mixture or odor control spray if required.
Disposal is easy. Simply discard the patch together with the cardboard and place a fresh one.
Overall the Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty Patch is a great all-natural indoor dog potty to get. And to make housebreaking easy, the manufacturer offers free consultations over the phone during working hours.
Additional popular puppy training pads or dog pee pads
Size: Std.:22” x 22”; XL: 28” x 34”
Construction: 5-layer pad with a 1.5-inch plastic border. Unscented.
- Budget puppy training pads having a 5-layer leak-proof construction an additional 1.5-inch plastic border to prevent overflows.
- Odor-neutral, quick dry surface with a built-in attractant to entice pets.
- Comes in two sizes and counts of 40, 50, 60, 100 or 150 pads.
- Backed by a one year warranty and AmazonBasics satisfaction guaranteed commitment.
- For even better odor control, check out the costlier, AmazonBasics Carbon Pet Training and Puppy Pads.
Size: L: 24” x 24”; XL: 24″ x 35″
Construction: 6-layer construction with built-in attractant and optional adhesive tape. Unscented.
- Heavy-duty puppy training pads designed specifically for large dog breeds.
- Feature a 6-layer construction with Bullsorbent Polymer Technology that allows more efficient and faster absorption. Can absorb 5-7 cups of liquid and are odorless.
- Designed to block, neutralize and control odors. Strong built-in attractant makes training easier.
- Optional Adhesive sticky tape on the sides prevents accidental movement.
- Available in two sizes and a set of 40 or 60 training pads.
- For even more extensive odor control and absorption, check out the Bulldoglogy Premium Carbon Black Pads.
Size: L: 24” x 24”; XL: 24″ x 35″
Construction: 6-layer construction with built-in attractant. Scented.
- Scented puppy training pads having a 6-layer leak-proof construction with a quick drying gel for fast absorption.
- Coated with an odor eliminating antibacterial material. Available in three scents – Fresh, Lavender and Lemon.
- Also has built-in attractant for pets.
- Comes in two sizes and counts of 50, 100 or 150. Also available in the vintage newspaper print.
Size: Std.: 22” x 23”; XL: 28” x 34”; XXL: 27” x 44”
Construction: 5-layer construction with built-in attractant. Unscented.
- Another popular puppy training pads from the first manufacturer of puppy training pads.
- Feature a 5-ply leak-proof construction with a special heavy-gauge quilted top layer for quickly absorbing and locking moisture and odors.
- Coated with a built-in attractant to reinforce potty training.
- Available in sets of 75, 100, 150 and so on. Available in five sizes for all dog breeds with three popular sizes – Standard, XL and Gigantic.
Size: L: 23” x 22”; XL: 30” x 26”
Construction: 5-layer activated carbon construction with built-in attractant. Unscented.
- Premium black activated carbon puppy training pads with a 5-layer heavy-gauge construction.
- Odor eliminating carbon surface absorbs quicker and faster in comparison to the standard training pads.
- Coated with a pheromone attractant to entice the pets and aid in training.
- Suitable for all dog breeds and available in a set of 80 with two sizes – Large and Gigantic.
Size: 34” x 36”
Construction: 4-layer blended fabric construction with an anti-slip bottom. Unscented and neutral.
- Extra-large reusable puppy training pads made with a proprietary fabric blend that wicks liquid quickly and holds it without leaking. Smell neutral and odorless.
- Anti-slip bottom keeps the pad secure on hardwoods, tiles, carpets and rugs.
- Machine washable and holds absorption capabilities for up to 300 washes.
- Available in a set of two with one brown and one grey pee pad.
- Backed by a two-year warranty and a 100% money back guarantee.
Size: 24.7″ x 21″
Construction: Hydroponic grass patch in a cardboard box. Natural scent.
- An eco-friendly dog potty trainer with a cardboard box having a real grass patch that naturally absorbs liquids and odors.
- Large-sized when compared to other dog potty trainer patches.
- Eco-friendly, easy to use and dispose of. Simply discard the cardboard box.
- Can last up to 2 weeks depending upon the pet size. Water daily and dispose the solid waste for long life.
- Works great for all dogs, cats and other small animals too.
Size: S: 20” x 16”; M: 25” x 20”
Construction: 3-layer construction with an artificial plastic grass patch and plastic body. Unscented.
- Reusable artificial grass dog potty trainer with an odor-resistant plastic antimicrobial mat and hard plastic tray.
- Has a three-layer absorbing system that allows liquid waste to pass through to the collection tray at the bottom.
- The grass mat is replaceable with a new patch when soiled.
- Supports only hand or hose cleaning with soap water.
- Available in two sizes.
How to pick the best puppy training pads?
With so many options available in the market, picking the best puppy training pads or dog pee pads can be a challenging task. After all, you would like to have a training pad that simplifies the housebreaking process and reduces your burden, not increase it.
In addition to your budget, you need to keep a few factors in mind before picking the best puppy training pads for your beloved canine. These key factors are listed below. And if you are ever in doubt, simply pick one of our top picks we shared above. Just keep in mind that you might have to switch between a few different training pads before zeroing-in on the best option.
- Purpose and Type of the training pad
- Construction and Absorbing Capacity
- Odor control features and performance
- Size of the pad
- Additional features and considerations
Purpose and Type of the training pad
The first thing you need to consider before picking a puppy or dog training is the primary purpose for which you are looking for such a housebreaking solution and the type of training pad.
As discussed above there are three common types of training pads and potty trainers, each with their own advantages and preferred uses:
- Disposable puppy training pads: As the name suggested, disposable puppy training pads are essentially a use-and-throw type of training pads. They are generally lightweight and cheaper to purchase (typically cost from 25 cents/pad to 60 cents/pad). These pads are generally coated with an odor neutralizer and attractant to entice the dogs. They are available in different sizes and typically last anywhere from three uses to the whole day for premium activated carbon pads. After use, they can be simply discarded and replaced with a new pad. Disposable training pads are best suited for short term puppy training or for travel, as they are costlier in the long run and also not a very environment-friendly solution.
- Washable dog pee pads: Washable pee pads are reusable, fabric-based dog or puppy training pads. They have higher initial costs, but are cheaper in the long run as one pad can last for over 200 uses (machine washable). Moreover, they are heavier and more durable than the thin disposable training pads. They are also more eco-friendly and truly multi-purpose. They can be used as long-term housebreaking solutions for old dogs and puppies. They are, however, not as convenient to use and do not have odor control or attractant coatings. You would have to purchase those sprays separately.
- Grass Patch dog potty trainers: Grass Patch dog or puppy potty trainers are most real-like indoor potty training aids. Such a potty trainer typically consists of a natural or artificial grass patch setup in a cardboard or plastic box. Natural grass patches are generally more successful and better, though they may require more care while use. Such potty trainers are best suited to be used as long-term indoor dog potty in apartments, condos and for home-alone pets.
So depending upon your primary purpose, you can decide upon the best type of dog training pad for your needs.
Construction and Absorbing Capacity
The construction material of the puppy training pad is also an important criterion to consider before picking the best option.
Generally, puppy training pads or dog pee pads have a multi-layered construction with a top quilted layer for letting the pee pass through, the middle layers for absorption and the bottom layers for water and leak-proofing the pad. The common rule of thumb is more the number of layers, more the absorption capacity the pad would have.
For disposable puppy training pads, consider picking a 5 or 6-layer pad as anything lesser would require you to change the pad more frequently. Such a pad should be good to absorb 3 or more cups of liquid. Our top premium pick – the Simple Solution Premium Dog Training Pads can absorb as much as 6 cups of liquid. Just remember that more the number of layers, costlier the dog training pad would be.
Among washable pee pads, our favorite pick – the Rocket & Rex Washable Pee Pads has a high-quality 4-layer fabric blend construction and hence is quite suitable for use as a long-term puppy training pad.
For dog potty trainers, you have to look at whether you would like to get an all-natural hydroponically-grown grass patch or an artificial grass patch. Natural grass potty pads are generally more suitable, though they require more maintenance and generally costlier because they have to be positively discarded after one or two weeks.
Depending upon the type of training pad you have decided to opt for, check out the number of layers, building material and advertised absorbing capacity before picking the best puppy training pad for your pooch.
Odor control features and performance
Closely related to the manufacturing material of the puppy training pad and its absorption capacity is the odor controlling properties and performance of the pad. After all, you are looking for a pad that not only absorbs the dog’s urine, but also keeps your home free from pee-smell. And considering the fact that a dog’s sense of smell is much stronger than that of the humans, a foul-smelling pad may drive the pet away and make the task of potty training it much more difficult.
Most disposable and washable puppy training pads are impregnated with baking soda or other odor neutralizing materials that minimize odors. Activated carbon premium training pads provide an even better odor control, but they are costlier and black in color.
Some training pads even have a scented spray on them, such as lavender and lime fresh. Depending upon your pet’s preference you can pick a scented or unscented puppy training pads.
Having built-in attractants that act to entice, engage and encourage the pet to use the training pads is also something that can help in speeding up the housebreaking training. Most disposable training pads have built-in attractants. For other types of dog training pads, you can get an attractant spray and use it to encourage the dog to use the training pad.
Check out the odor neutralizing performance of a specific training pad before picking the most suitable one. You can generally get a good idea of the performance of these odor neutralizing agents from the product feedback section.
Size of the training pad
Once you have finalized on a specific training pad, you need to take the overall dimensions of the puppy training pad into consideration to pick the right size.
You need to pick a training pad which is big enough for your puppy or dog. An adult dog would typically require a bigger training pad as compared to a small puppy. And even among puppies, a large-dog breed puppy such as Retriever would need a bigger and more absorbent training pad when compared to a small Terrier puppy.
Thankfully, most manufacturers, such as the best-selling All-Absorb Dog Training Pads offer multi-sized training pads ranging from standard to extra-large. Washable pee pads are generally available in an extra-large size. You can also layer up a couple of training pads if you are concerned about the liquid leaking to your carpet or rug.
Check out the overall size of the training pad before picking the best puppy training pad for your canine companion.
Additional features and considerations
In addition to the major factors discussed above, there are a couple of other considerations that can make a purchase more attractive than the others.
One such factor is the package count a training pad is available in. You would probably like to get a training pad that is available in multiple counts – 40 or more for initial usage and large 100+ count after that. The larger the number per set, the cheaper it would be. Most of the options that we have listed are available in different package sizes ranging from 20 to as high as 200 pads per package. Some puppy training pads are also offered through Amazon’s Pet Subscription program for some additional savings.
Another factor to check out is the warranty and after-sales support, if any, provided by the manufacturer. While puppy training pads are not a very costly item, you should be able to return one if you are not satisfied or the pet decides not to use it at all. Most of the top manufacturers offer a 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment on their training pads. Some manufacturers such as the Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty Trainer even offer free consultations with dog trainers to help you train your pet.
Keep these other considerations in mind while picking the best puppy training pads for your needs. And if you are in doubt, pick one from our top suggestions. You would not regret it!
Training puppies and dogs to use pee training pads
Puppies and even adult dogs are not self-trained to use the training pads and you would have to make some effort to train them to do their business in the right spot.
Some of the most common tips on how you can train your puppy or dog to use the training pads are summarized below:
- Pick a pad that is big enough for your dog’s breed and size. A small training pad may lead to spilling of urine as the puppy relieves itself.
- The first step, and probably the most important one, especially for untrained puppies, is to minimize the time your puppy is unattended outside its bed or crate. After all, any unmonitored time is an opportunity for the puppy to have an accident. Keep an eye on the little as it ventures out of its resting area. This may not be such a big factor for adult dogs, but for puppies it is absolutely essential.
- Ensure that the training pad is placed at a fixed location that is easily accessible to the pet. This location should not be too close to the puppy’s bed or crate. Do not change the location until the puppy is trained enough to use it without supervision.
- As you take the pet to the pad, establish a cue word such as “Go potty!” while the pet relieves itself. This is a very useful exercise that would help in training the pet to do its business on demand
- You may have to wait for about 3-5 minutes before the canine decides to urinate/defecate, so be ready for it. Some training pads are even sprayed with pheromones that act as an attractant for your canine to urinate. You can even buy natural attractants such as the OUT! Go Here Attractant Indoor & Outdoor Dog Training Spray to help you out.
- Follow positive reinforcement techniques to train the pet. Reward the puppy immediately after they use the pad. This reward-for-response would help in speeding up the litter training.
- Keep a tab on the times your puppy needs to relieve itself. Most puppies need to relieve every two hours or so, soon after they eat, after their nap or after 15-30 minutes of playful activities outside of their crate or pen.
- Stay patient with your training. In case the puppy has an accident or is in the middle of one, be assertive by attracting its attention and simply use a cue word. Try to keep an eye for the next time it needs to relieve itself. Do not yell or punish the pet for the “surprise”.
- Once the puppy is trained enough to relieve itself without supervision, you can move the pad to a more appropriate location – such as near the door. This would also help in switching the canine from pad to the outdoors.
- Do not forget to replace the puppy training pad with a new one once it becomes soiled. If you are using a training pad tray, clean it as well once a week.
Similar efforts would be needed to get your canine off the training pads and learn to relieve itself outside. Start by moving the training pad outside the door and then onto the grass. Once the dog is trained enough to associate the grass with a place to do its business, it would start relieving itself outdoors.
You can also check out some dog training guides or consult a professional dog trainer for help in training your beloved pet to use the training pads or move from training pads to relieving outdoors.
Accessories for puppy training pads
If you are concerned about leakages or have an over-enthusiastic puppy that can cause the training pad to slip around, then you can consider getting a training pad tray or holder. These pad holders keep the training pads secure in one place and prevent accidental leaks. Just make sure you check the size of the pads that can fit in the tray before picking the best option:
- IRIS Pet Training Pad Tray: Best-selling training pad floor tray that holds the training pad securely. Non-skid and available in multiple colors and four sizes for different training pads.
- All-Absorb Silicone Pad Holder: Portable silicone pad holder that fits pads of size 23.5″ x 23.5″ or smaller. Durable, lightweight and can be rolled up for easy storage.
- Richell Paw Trax Mesh Training Tray: A meshed training pad tray that can hold small puppy pee pads of size up to 23.6” x 17.7”. Available in three colors.
Another training aid that can help you in encouraging the puppy to use the training pad is an attractant. An attractant spray releases unique pheromones which entice the pet. They are best suited for areas with proper ventilation as they can produce a somewhat unfriendly smell. The Nilotron Puppy and Dog Training Aid Spray is a popular natural attractant to try out.
Finally, you would need to get an odor eliminator to remove urine stains and odors after an accident. Some of the best options to consider are listed below:
- Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator: Best-selling odor eliminator that works perfectly to remove urine stains and odors. Not just masks odors, but also eliminates it.
- Simple Solution Extreme Pet Stain and Odor Remover: Made in the US, high-concentration pet odor and stain remover. Available in scented and non-scented sprays.
- Petseer Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator
Final thoughts on the best puppy training pads
One of the most important aspects of raising a well-behaved and obedient pet is proper housebreaking and litter training. Puppy training pads, or dog pee pads as they are sometimes called, are a perfect tool for that purpose. These training pads provide an effective and convenient way to potty-train your puppy. These pee pads also work well with old and sick dogs, cats and also during inclement weather or while traveling.
In this article, we looked at some of the best puppy training pads available in the market. We looked at the major advantages of such training pads, the factors to consider while picking them and our top picks for the best puppy training pads.
We hope that you found this article useful and it would help you in picking the best puppy training pads as per your requirements and preferences. Do let us know your feedback and questions by commenting below. Until next time, have a playful time with your beloved pet!