In our article on the top dog training treats, we saw that the best dog training treats are the ones that are soft, moist and smelly. This means that to carry them, you need a treat bag or pouch. Surely you cannot always carry them in your pocket or an unreliable plastic bag. What you need is a dog training treat bag or pouch.
But which are the best dog training treat bags or pouches available in the market? Are there any treat bags or treat pouches that can also help you carry other essentials such as poop bags and goodies?
In this article, we will look at answering exactly the questions above and look at some of the best treat pouches and treat bags available in the market. We would list almost all the popular categories of these treat bags – multi-pocket treat bags, which can be used to carry treats, toys and additional items, and small, single-pocket treat pouches, which are only meant for treats and/or a toy.
We will also share the factors to keep in mind before picking the best dog training treat bag or pouch and share our top picks.
Without further ado, let us look at which are our favorite dog training treat bags or pouches!
Best dog training treat bag listSome of best dog training treat bags and best dog treat pouch available in the market are listed below:
|PetSafe Sport Dog Training Treat Pouch||Mini: 6.25" x 5" x 1”|
Std.: 7” x 7.7” x 2”
|Canine Hardware ChuckIt! Pet Treat Tote||S: 8” x 5” x 1”|
L: 8” x 6” x 1”
|Paw Lifestyles Dog Training Treat Pouch||7" x 5" x 2.5”|
|Hero Dog Training Treat Pouch||7.8" x 5.9" x 2.3"|
|RoyalCare Silicone Dog Treat Pouch||5" x 4.0" x 1.5"|
|Ruffwear Treat Trader Dog Training Treat Bag||6" x 5.3" x 1.9"|
|Doggone Rapid Rewards Dog Training Treat Pouch||8.9" x 7.3" x 2"|
|EzyDog SnakPak Go Wearable Dog Treat Bag||4" x 2.5" x 1”|
|barkOutfitters Dog Training Treat Pouch||6" x 4" x 3”|
|Blulu Pet Paw Disposable Pet Treat Bags||10" x 4" each|
Which are the best dog training treat bags or pouches?
Material: Waterproof canvas nylon shell and liner.
Size: Mini: 6.25″ x 5″ x 1” ; Standard: 7.5” x 6.5” x 2”
Attachment: Belt-clip and 2-piece belt strap. The belt can support 30” – 48” waist size.
- Best-selling, multi-functional dog training treat bag with a durable, waterproof canvas nylon construction. Made in China.
- The main compartment is divided into multiple pockets with Velcro enclosure to store different types of treats.
- Features an easy-open flap (front pocket) for storing phones, money etc. and a carabiner to attach the keys or clicker for training.
- A unique spring-based hinge enclosure allows the pouch to remain open or be closed with a single touch.
- Comes with a belt clip and a two-piece waist belt. The belt supports 30″-48″ waist size.
- Available in two sizes and three colors and backed by a one-year manufacturer warranty.
The best-selling PetSafe Sport Dog Training Treat Pouch is all you need from your dog training treat bag. It is truly an excellent combination of functionality and affordability and there is no surprise as to why it is so popular.
The PetSafe Sport Dog Training Treat Pouch features a waterproof construction with a rugged canvas nylon shell (truly backpack grade) with weather-proof inner lining for extra protection. At 7.5″ x 6.5″ and 7 ounces, the standard model is a little on the bulkier side, but it is big enough to stow your phone in the front mesh pocket.
The PetSafe Sport Treat Pouch has one main compartment that is divided into three sections through Velcro enclosures. This allows you to carry multiple varieties of treats separately. It also has a front pocket for storing additional items and a carabiner on the side for attaching keys or clicker for training.
The unique design feature that makes this treat pouch is the spring-loaded hinge lock for the treat pocket. This hinge lock allows you to keep the pouch open as desired and is especially useful while working with multiple dogs. A single finger push can close the compartment securely.
The treat pouch comes with a secure belt clip and a two-piece belt strap for carrying the pouch around the waist. The belt strap is about 50″ in length and is adjustable to up to 48″ waist size.
The PetSafe Sport Dog Training Treat Pouch is available in two sizes and three vibrant color combinations – black, red and cadet blue. The treat pouch is backed by a one-year hassle-free manufacturer warranty, so you can pick one without worrying about its durability and reliability. The manufacturer also offers free phone support and online help database on the website.
Material: Dual layer – nylon canvas cloth with ripstop liner
Size: Small: 8” x 5” x 1” – 1 cup ; Large: 8” x 6” x 1” – 2 cup
Attachment: Belt clip and belt loop
- Budget dog training treat pouch with a single compartment. No additional compartments or pockets. Made in Vietnam.
- Features a dual layer construction with durable nylon canvas shell and ripstop liner for rugged use. Machine washable.
- Features a Nylon drawstring closure that convenient one-hand access to treats.
- Equipped with a plastic belt clip and a belt loop for carrying the pouch along the waist.
- in two sizes – Small and Large. Small can store 1 cup of treats and large can store 2 cups of treats.
- Available in three colors – red, blue and black, but only the one available is shipped. (No selection of colors).
If you are looking for a simple yet durable single-compartment dog training treat pouch and do not want to spend a fortune, then the Canine Hardware ChuckIt! Pet Treat Tote is a perfect choice for you.
The Canine Hardware ChuckIt! Pet Treat Tote is a rugged double-layer dog treat pouch featuring a durable nylon canvas shell and a ripstop, weather-resistant liner. The treat bag is machine washable.
The treat bag features a nylon drawstring closure that can be used to adjust the opening size and the treats can be conveniently fetched with one hand. It has a plastic belt clip along with a belt loop for attaching the bag to the waist or pocket.
The Canine Hardware ChuckIt! Pet Treat Tote is available in two sizes Small and Large. The Small treat pouch can store 1 cup (0.25 liters) of contents, while the Large treat pouch can store up to 2 cups (0.5 liters) of contents. The Large tote is big enough to hold treats and an additional toy or tennis ball.
The Canine Hardware Pet Treat Tote is available in three colors – red, blue and black. However, you do not have a choice on the color and the one available in shipped. If you want to get a specific color, you would need to contact the seller separately.
Material: Ripstop nylon shell and waterproof liner
Size: 7″ x 5″ x 2.5”
Attachment: Full metal belt-clip, shoulder strap and a waist strap. The belt can support up to 48” waist size.
- Versatile dog training treat bag featuring a durable, high-quality ripstop nylon shell.
- The inner bright green waterproof liner provides added weather protection. Hand wash only.
- Features one main compartment with drawstring enclosure, 2 zippered pouches, meshed netting and a pickup bag dispenser at the bottom.
- Offers three ways of wearing – full-metal belt clip, shoulder strap and waist belt. The waist belt supports 30″ – 48″ waist sizes.
- Provides two additional D-rings – one on each side, for attaching clicker or dog bowl.
- Available in standard grey color and backed by a 100% money back guarantee.
Material: Waterproof ripstop nylon fabric with an orange liner in the main compartment.
Size: 7.8″ x 5.9″ x 2.3″
Attachment: Belt-clip, shoulder strap and a 2-piece waist strap. The belt can support 30” – 48” waist.
- High-quality multi-pocket dog training treat bag made of high-grade waterproof nylon fabric with orange lining on the interiors.
- Versatile with multiple ways to carry. Comes with a waist strap and a removable shoulder strap. A belt clip is also included.
- Has 4 storage compartments – a main compartment, a zippered pocket and a small front pocket for extra storage. Also has a zippered poop bag dispenser placed discretely on the back side.
- Competitively priced and includes a silicone dog travel bowl and a poop bag roll as a bonus.
- Available in a single standard color and backed by 100% satisfaction guaranteed commitment.
Material: 100% memory silicone
Size: 5.0″ x 4.0″ x 1.5″.
Attachment: Belt/Waist clip.
- Fashionable, hand-free dog treat pouch made of food-grade, chemically inert silicone. Dishwasher safe on the top shelf.
- Improved design featuring an elegant solid silicone main chamber with an automatic magnetic lock. The silicone pouch does not retain treat smells.
- Features a large, secure plastic clip for convenient attachment to the belt or waist. Can also be attached to the dog leash
- Waterproof body, but the bowl is not fully enclosed, so not for use in the rain.
- Available in five colors and backed by a 30-day hassle-free return.
Material: Water-resistant ripstop polyester shell with waterproof interior liner.
Size: 6″ x 5.3″ x 4.9″
Attachment: Belt strap and belt-clip. The belt can support 30” – 48” waist.
- Quick-access waist-worn treat bag with two compartments. Made in Vietnam.
- Features a main compartment with water-resistant shell fabric and lightweight, waterproof lining. Hand wash only.
- Features a curved opening having a one-handed, audible magnetic closure.
- Also has a small outer pocket for additional storage with a clicker-compatible loop.
- Comes with a belt clip and an adjustable belt that can support 30” – 48” waist size.
- Available in a single standard color and backed by a limited lifetime warranty by the manufacturer.
Material: Durable, water-resistant 600D ripstop polyester
Size: 8.9″ x 7.3″ x 2″
Attachment: Belt strap and belt-clip. The belt can support 30” – 48” waist.
- High-quality multi-pocket dog training treat bag with three main and one concealed storage compartment. Made of backpack-grade 600D polyester fabric with water-resistant reflective lining on the interiors.
- Features a generously-sized treat main pocket with an automatic magnetic enclosure with a cord pull. The main pocket also has a small Velcro side pocket to store high-value treats.
- Also has a zippered back compartment for storing phones, keys, money etc. A pickup bag dispenser is available on the side compartment.
- Can be attached to the belt through an included clip. A clip-on waist belt is also included that can support 30″ – 48″ waist size.
- Available in eight color combinations and backed by a one-year manufacturer warranty when purchased directly from the manufacturer.
- Important: Beware of the counterfeit sellers and purchase directly from the manufacturer.
Material: High-quality, water-resistant ripstop polyester
Size: 4″ x 2.5″ x 1”
Attachment: Adjustable Waist belt that supports 30” to 49” waist size.
- High-quality dog training treat waist bag with three storage compartments. Made of high-grade, water-resistant ripstop polyester.
- Comes with a waist belt with elasticated webbing for superior comfort that supports up to 49” waist size.
- Features a small fast-access treat front pocket with a magnetic enclosure.
- Also has a large water-resistant zipper pocket for securely carrying items such as phones, keys and money. A side pocket with dispenser provides storage for poop pickup bags.
- Available in four colors and backed by a one-year manufacturer warranty.
- A full-sized EzyDog SnakPak Wearable Dog Treat Bag with a belt is also available from the same manufacturer.
Material: Line-dry ripstop Nylon
Size: 6” x 4” x 3”
Attachment: Belt-clip and belt loop
- Professional-quality, drawstring dog treat pouch with two compartments – one main and one mesh storage.
- Made of durable, line-dry nylon. Machine washable and air dry. Made in China.
- The adjustable drawstring allows controlling the pouch opening. Reflective side stripes provide better visibility in low lights.
- The mesh storage pouch allows extra storage for waste bags, clickers, keys etc.
- The pouch features a plastic clip as well as belt-loop for attaching it to waistband or belt.
- Available in three color combinations – Orange, Red and Blue.
Material: Food grade cellophane material. Biodegradable.
Size: 10” x 4” each.
Attachment: None. Carry in hand/pocket
- High-quality, use-and-throw pet treat bags made of food-grade cellophane. Transparent and biodegradable/compostable.
- Sturdy and durable and can hold treats and toys. Each bag features an elegant paw print design.
- Also ideal for pet treat gifts.
- Available in a set of 100 treat bags, each with a folded size of 10″ x 4″.
- Important: Always purchase the bags directly from Amazon or “Fulfilled by Amazon” seller to avoid low-quality knock-offs.
How to pick the best dog training treat bag or pouch?
With so many dog treat pouches available in the market with different sizes, designs and attachment systems, picking the best dog training treat bag or pouch can be a challenge. After all, you are looking for something that is big enough to carry the treats and essentials and still be compact and lightweight to wear on the waist or shoulder.
In addition to any budget constraints you might have, you should check the following factors before picking the best dog training treat bag for your beloved canine:
- Material and weather protection
- Design and portability
- Size and capacity
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Additional factors and considerations
Since dog training treat bags are not a very costly item to get, you may consider getting a couple of them – one for long trips to dog parks and another small tote for a quick playtime in the backyard.
Material and weather protection
The construction material of the dog training treat bag is an important factor to consider as it governs the overall durability and weather protection provided by the treat bag.
Most of the options that we listed are made of high-quality materials. Almost all the options that we listed are made of durable ripstop nylon or polyester shells with a water-resistant coating, except for the RoyalCare Silicone Dog Treat Pouch, which is made of silicone and the Blulu Pet Paw Disposable Pet Treat Bags, which are made of food-grade cellophane. These high-quality materials provide decent durability and weather protection, while keeping the treat bag light and compact.
Some of our favorite picks such as the PetSafe Sport Dog Training Treat Pouch, even have a waterproof synthetic lining in the main compartment that prevents the odor build-up and keeps the treats fresh and dry. Moreover, most of the multi-pocket dog treat pouches that we have listed have secondary compartments having a sturdy and leak-proof zipper, so you can use them to store important items such as keys, money (and in some cases even phones).
We have tried to only recommend products that have a high-quality and reliable attachment mechanism, be it a belt clip or waist strap. If for any reason you find the clip failing or falling apart, you can contact the manufacturer and ask for a replacement.
Check the building material of the treat pouch before selecting the best dog training treat pouch for your needs.
Design and portability
Though a dog training treat bag or pouch is such as simple gear, there are a bunch of design features that can make a huge difference with respect to the convenience and portability.
The three most important design features that you need to look at are:
- Number of pockets: The number (and size) of pockets governs what all items you can carry in your pet treat pouch. Simple tote-type treat bags only have one, and at most two pockets, while multi-pocket dog training treat bags have three or more compartments for poop pickup bags and essentials. Depending upon your primary requirement, you can pick the dog treat bag with an optimum number of pockets. Just remember, more the number of pockets, the heavier the treat pouch would be.
- Compartment Closure mechanism: On the surface, it may not look too much of a big deal, but the closure or locking mechanism of the treat compartment can be a big convenience related factor, especially if you have multiple dogs. Some dog treat pouches provide a drawstring to govern the opening that you need while others have a magnetic lock that allows for one-handed operation. Dog training treat bags with a magnetic closure are most popular, but if you want a treat bag that remains open all the time, you would need to get a drawstring-type dog treat pouch.
- Attachment System: The attachment system of the dog training treat bag is probably the most important design factor to look at. Depending upon how you would like to carry it, you would have to pick a pet treat pouch that has a belt clip or loop, a waist belt or a shoulder belt. Some of the best options that we have listed have support for two or all three options – they have a belt clip attached to the pouch and removable waist and shoulder belts in case you need them. The exception is the EzyDog SnakPak Go Wearable Dog Treat Bag which can only we worn as a waist belt.
Size and capacity
The size and capacity of the dog training treat pouch is also something to look at.
Most of the options that we have listed are available in a single standard size and can carry anywhere from 1 to 3 cups of treats (10-20 pieces). The only exceptions are the PetSafe Sport Dog Training Treat Pouch and Canine Hardware ChuckIt! Pet Treat Tote which are available in multiple sizes. So, depending upon the size, breed and number of pets, you can pick the best option.
The size of the secondary compartments is also important, especially if you want to store your phone in it. Depending upon your phone’s screen size, you can select the right dog treat pouch. You can generally get this information from the Q&A section of the product (most people would have already asked the question regarding phone storage).
Additional storage such as secret pockets and pickup bag dispensers are also something to check out before picking the best dog training treat bag, so make sure you evaluate your options accordingly.
Cleaning and maintenance
The ease of cleaning is also something to consider, especially if you plan to use the treat bag daily/frequently.
Most of the multi-pocket dog treat bag options that we listed are hand wash only. It should not be a big hassle as you can simply immerse the treat bag in mild detergent, leave it for a few minutes and then rinse in water.
Still, if you are looking for more convenient, only a couple of options – Canine Hardware ChuckIt! Pet Treat Tote and barkOutfitters Dog Training Treat Pouch are machine-washable. Another option – the RoyalCare Silicone Dog Treat Pouch is dishwasher safe on the top shelf because of the silicone body.
Check the cleaning and maintenance requirements of the treat pouch before picking the best dog training treat bag for your pet.
Additional factors and considerations
In addition to the four major factors discussed above, there are a few miscellaneous additional considerations that can make a specific dog treat pouch a better choice over others.
One such consideration is the additional accessories, if any, that come with the treat pouch. At a minimum, the treat pouch should have a waist or shoulder belt included in/along with it. The Hero Dog Training Treat Pouch even includes a collapsible dog travel bowl and a roll of dog poop bags as a bonus. While it should not be a deal-breaker, check out the additional accessories included with the treat pouch before picking the best option.
Another additional factor is the color combination in which the treat pouch is available. Bright, reflective colors are fashionable and make the dog training treat bag stand out even in low light. Many of the options that we listed are available in multiple color combinations, so you can pick one as per your preference.
Finally, one of the most important additional consideration is the warranty and post-purchase customer service support offered on the treat pouch by the manufacturer. Most of the dog treat bags that we listed are backed by excellent post-purchase support and warranties for up to one year, so you can use such products for a long time without worrying about their durability. Just make sure you make your purchase only from manufacturers and authorized re-sellers to ensure that you get the genuine product and not a knock-off.
Keep these small considerations in mind as well before picking the best dog training treat bag for your pet.
Final thoughts on the best dog training treat bag or pouch
Dog training treats are a perfect positive stimulus for training canines. Whether you are running the training drills in the backyard or having a casual stroll in a park with your pooch, you need a bag to carry the dog treats. Of course, you cannot rely on throw-away plastic bags or your pockets to carry everything. What you need is a reliable lightweight and compact dog training treat bag.
In this article, we looked at some of the best dog training treat bags or pouches available in the market. We listed down almost all the different types of dog treat bags – from small treat totes to large multi-pocket treat pouches. Depending upon your requirements, you can pick one or more of these treat bags. We also listed the major factors to consider before picking the best dog training treat bag and shared our favorite picks.
We hope that you found this article useful and it would help you in picking the best dog training treat bag for your beloved pooch. Do let us know your feedback and questions by commenting below. Until next time, have a happy training stint with your Fido!