If you are a proud parent of one or more cats or planning to get one in the near future, then you would obviously have to plan for a place for your kitty to do its business. Picking the right cat litter box is important as cats are very particular about their litter box and you would not want your kitty to scatter stool and urine all around the house.
Thankfully, Frisco, Chewy’s In-house brand, offers a wide variety of cat litter boxes to pick from – uncovered, hooded, top-entry, and even sifting litter boxes.
In this article, we will review the Frisco cat litter boxes and share our findings on Chewy’s line of cat litter boxes. We will list some of the most popular models of these litter trays and boxes available on Chewy.com and share key features to help you decide whether one of these models is fit for you and your kitty’s needs. Read On!
Disclaimer: The review here is totally independent and is driven only by the actual quality of the product and the bias of our expert’s darling kitty!
Frisco Cat Litter Boxes ListSome of the most popular Frisco Cat Litter Box models available on Chewy are listed below:
|Frisco High Sided Cat Litter Box||24” x 18” x 10”.|
Low 6” high side entry.
Other sizes are also available.
|Frisco Top Entry Cat Litter Box||23.2” x 15.4” x 15”.|
Covered, top entry.
|Frisco Deluxe Hooded Cat Litter Box with Scoop||26” x 19.4” x 18”.|
Covered, side-entry with detachable hood and translucent door panel.
Other sizes are also available.
|Frisco Flip-Top Hooded Cat Litter Box||21.9” x 17.8” x 15”.|
Covered, side-entry with flip-top hood and detachable translucent door panel.
Other sizes are also available.
|Frisco Sifting Cat Litter Box||22.4” x 16.9” x 6.5”.|
Additional sifting sieve and base.
Frisco Cat Litter Boxes Specifications
Some of the key specifications common to most Frisco cat litter boxes are listed below:
- Building Material:
- BPA-free, heavy-duty ABS plastic body. Recyclable.
- Disposable charcoal filter in all covered litter boxes.
- Translucent plastic flap door in all side-entry litter boxes.
- Molded/rounded edges on all uncovered litter boxes.
- Sizes: Available in large and extra-large sizes suitable for all cats weighing up to 20-25 lbs. Check the size before ordering.
- Assembly: Come semi-assembled and provide tool-free assembly.
- Style and colors: Different models are available in multiple standard color combinations – White, Beige, Blue, and Gray.
- Country of origin: Designed and made in the US under strict quality control measures.
- Warranty: Chewy 100% Unconditional Satisfaction Guarantee commitment and warranty for one year.
- Price range: $ to $$ depending upon the size and design. Deluxe models are costlier.
Primary purpose and the type of cat litter box to opt for
Before we share a detailed review of the different types of Frisco cat litter boxes, let us briefly discuss the type of litter box you should opt for.
You would have to think about the primary purpose for which you are looking for such a litter solution. After all, it would govern whether you should opt for a specialized litter solution like a deluxe hooded litter box or a sifting litter box or just a standard uncovered cat litter pan would be sufficient.
- Do you need a standard litter solution that is cheap and simple to use? In such situations, a standard uncovered litter box would be the most suitable option. And if you have a kitty that likes to spray, a high-sided cat litter box would be useful.
- Do you need a litter solution for a skittish cat that loves privacy or something to minimize litter tracking? In such situations, a smartly-designed covered litter box with a top entry or an un-intruding, detachable door flap would be an excellent option to consider.
- Do you need a litter solution that requires minimal sifting and scooping? In such cases, a sifting litter box would be the best option.
- Do you need a litter box for a kitten or elderly cat? In such cases, the inexpensive, uncovered low-entry cat litter box would be an ideal choice.
- Do you need a litter box that can be placed in a specific location such as a corner? In such cases, a specially-designed corner cat litter box would be a suitable option.
So, depending upon your primary purpose, you can decide upon the best type of litter box that you should look for your feline’s needs.
Frisco Cat Litter Boxes Review
To thoroughly review and evaluate the Frisco cat litter boxes, we primarily focused on the building material and quality, design features, size, ease of maintenance and the price/cost of ownership. Our findings are summarized below:
Building material and quality
Frisco Cat Litter Boxes have a decent build quality for the price they are offered at.
As listed in the specifications, Frisco cat litter boxes are made of BPA, BPS and Phthalate-free ABS or polycarbonate plastic with molded edges. The plastic used is high-grade, US-made and fully recyclable. The litter box body is smooth and scratch-resistant, but not coated with Microban or any other special bacteria-resistant coating.
Hooded or covered litter boxes also have snap-on locks, plastic handles, and translucent plastic flap doors, along with a provision for installing a disposable charcoal filter to control odors inside the container.
Except for the cat litter pans, other cat litter boxes come in a knock-down state and offer tool-free, snap-on assembly with easy-to-follow instructions.
Some people have sometimes complained of the parts not snapping together or a crack or damage to the body of the litter box. In such cases, you should immediately contact Chewy’s customer service – their support team is very responsive and customer-friendly.
Unless you are looking for a premium automatic cat litter box, you will find one of the Frisco Cat Litter Boxes suitable for most of your pet’s littering needs.
When it comes to the design features, Frisco Cat Litter Boxes are second to none in the market.
Each type of cat litter box is expertly-designed here in the US by people who know more than a few things about the primary needs of the cats and cat owners, and made using the best manufacturing processes.
While the actual number of amenities may vary by the shape and size, these litter boxes have the following key features:
- Frisco standard uncovered litter pans: The standard cat litter pans are the easiest to scoop and clean. In addition, low-profile front entrance with molded edges provides an easy access while higher back/sides add some privacy and also provide extra protection from litter spills and accidents.
- Frisco hooded cat litter boxes: The hooded cat litter boxes provide full coverage from litter spills and sprays. All the options have a provision to add a disposable charcoal filter and vents for additional odor control. And they come with removable translucent side-entry door as well as handle for easy portability. Frisco also offers flip-top litter boxes that provide additional convenience for cleaning, as well as deluxe litter boxes that have in-built space for storing necessities and come with a litter scoop as a bonus.
- Frisco top-entry cat litter box: The top-entry cat litter box is perfect for multi-pet homes and cats that like to spray or dig. This litter box features a textured, non-slip lid to trap litter and minimize tracking. The lid is easy to open to clean the litter box.
- Frisco sifting cat litter box: The sifting cat litter box provides scoopless, bag-less maintenance with a removable sifting tray to make cleaning easy. Moreover, the larger box size helps in minimizing litter spills.
So, as you can see, Frisco cat litter boxes offer the best-in-the-market design features, making them excellent cat litter box choices for everyday use.
Size of the litter box
The size of a cat litter box is also an important consideration to keep in mind as it governs the size and number of cats it can support.
Cats, like humans, love a big bathroom! The general rule of thumb is to have a litter box that is around 1.5-2 times the size of your feline. And if you have multiple cats, you need to pick a litter box that can fit in 2 cats at a time.
For an uncovered litter box, the size of the litter box can be defined by the dimensions of the litter surface and its height. For covered/hooded cat litter boxes, the height of the enclosure also plays a role.
Closely related to the dimensions of the litter box are the height of the entrance and the back. You would have to consider the entrance height of the litter box based on the size of your cat.
Kittens and small cats may have problems getting into a litter box with high entrance walls, while you may have to pick a litter box with high back walls for a full-sized adult cat to prevent spraying of urine outside the pan.
Thankfully Frisco cat litter boxes have been designed keeping all the factors in mind. Most of them are available in large and extra-large sizes, suitable for cats up to 20-25 lbs. cats. If you have a larger pet, then you will find the size of these litter boxes somewhat insufficient.
Make sure you check the size of the litter box before ordering. Also remember that the interior dimensions of the litter box would be at least a couple of inches less than the advertised exterior dimensions.
Maintenance and operation requirements
The maintenance and operation requirements (as well as operating costs) are also an important factor to consider before picking the best cat litter box for your household.
This generally translates into requirements for specialized litter and accessories, the frequency of sifting and scooping and the frequency of cleaning the litter box.
Scooping and sifting standard uncovered litter pans is no more difficult (or “unpleasant”) than other such options in the market.
But the real differentiator is with the hooded, side-entry litter boxes. They have a flip-top lid which can easily be opened for full access inside the litter box, making scooping a lot more convenient.
Thorough cleaning is also not too difficult – Frisco hooded cat litter boxes offer easy, tool-free assembly and disassembly. You can spray clean the box with a mild, non-toxic cleaner and water.
Most of the Frisco cat litter boxes work with standard accessories – litter, filters, liners, scoops, etc. A couple of options even include a scoop with them, so you do not invest in one separately. And you also have the option of getting the Frisco Sifting Cat Litter Box if you want to further simplify the cleanup process.
In addition to regular cleaning, it would be a good idea to examine the litter box from time-to-time and check if there are no major scratches or cracks.
One of the biggest selling points of Frisco pet products is their affordable price. Pet owners after owners list this as one of the most attractive factors for opting for the Frisco pet products.
Like other Frisco pet products, most of the Frisco cat litter boxes are very competitively priced for the quality they offer and about 10-15% cheaper than similar options in the market and offer a great quality-to-cost ratio.
Only the Frisco Deluxe Hooded Cat Litter Box can be considered in the same or slightly higher price range as the other high-end cat litter boxes.
And if you time your purchase perfectly, you can get even more discount on their already low prices (Check the ChewyDeals Reddit Forum for a curated list of the best pet product deals).
Warranty and support
Warranty and support is another strong selling point for Frisco cat litter boxes and Frisco pet products in general.
All of the Frisco cat litter boxes are backed by the Chewy 100% unconditional satisfaction guaranteed commitment for a period of one year. If you’re not fully satisfied with the product, you can contact their friendly customer service for an exchange or refund.
Moreover, Chewy offers a wide selection of products that are compatible with their cat litter boxes, including litter, litter box liners, enclosures, etc., making Frisco cat litter boxes a convenient product to own.
Based on our expert’s evaluation and review of the product specifications and the in-use performance, we believe that Frisco cat litter boxes are a decent, bang-for-the-buck option for most small to large kittens and adult felines.
These cat litter boxes are reasonably durable and rich in amenities to provide a comfortable, mess-free litter solution for your cat or cats.
To summarize, the major positives and negatives of the Frisco cat litter boxes that we observed are listed below:
Accessories for Frisco Cat Litter Boxes
Frisco also offers a variety of accessories to go with their cat litter boxes. This includes a wide selection of cat litter, litter box liners, and even decorative litter box enclosures as listed below:
- Frisco Cat Litter: A series of high-quality low dust and low tracking, scented and unscented cat litter for all types of litter boxes. Available in multiple varieties – clumping, non-clumping, crystal, pellet, paper and so on. All types are available in affordable re-sealable litter bags.
- Frisco Heavy Duty Litter Box Liners: Unscented heavy-duty litter box liners made of BPA-free, partially-recycled plastic. Help in keeping the litter box clean and make litter box maintenance easy. Available in two sizes – Large and Jumbo, suitable for most litter boxes. Come in a set of five liners per pack.
- Frisco Decorative Bench Cat Litter Box Cover: Stylish, white furniture accent table that also acts as a storage unit to hide your kitty’s litter box in plain sight. Multi-purpose and versatile with dimensions of 37.5″ x 21.25″ x 24.75″. Comes with a feline-size entrance door that can be attached on the right or left side. A removable divider is also included that can be set up in three different positions.
In addition to these accessories, you would often need to replace the charcoal odor-control filter. You can look at Nature’s Miracle Just For Cats Odor Control Universal Charcoal Filter. It is compatible with all the Frisco hooded cat litter boxes.
Final Thoughts on the Frisco Cat Litter Boxes
Indoor cats are very particular about the place they do their business. An adult feline typically uses its cat litter box three to four times a day to relieve itself and hence picking the right litter solution is extremely important.
In this article, we reviewed one of the most popular mid-range cat litter boxes available in the market – the Frisco cat litter boxes. Frisco is Chewy’s in-house brand which offers high-quality pet products at affordable prices.
And the Frisco Cat Litter Box line of products is no different. Frisco offers a wide range of cat litter boxes, including standard cat litter trays, high-side uncovered cat litter boxes, hooded cat litter boxes, top-entry cat litter boxes, and even sifting cat litter boxes. Most of these cat litter boxes are available in multiple sizes, designs and color combinations, suitable for all households and needs.
So, if you are looking for a high-quality cat litter box for your feline (or felines) which does not cost a fortune, then you should definitely consider one of the Frisco cat litter boxes as an option. And if you want to look at some other choices, you can check out our detailed article on the best cat litter boxes.
For any more questions or comments, feel free to share them through the comment section below and we would be happy to answer them. Until next time, happy litter training your kitty!
Image credits: Amazon.com